13 Emails to Ebay not a single response

comcol
Community Member

What do you call sending 13 emails over several months to Ebay and not getting one single response.?

Normal

Seems they dont even want to respond to one to get their fees paid.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: 13 Emails to Ebay not a single response

In this modern 24/7 connected day and age you'd expect email to have at least the same priority as any other contact method but it seems picking up the good old telephone will just have to continue to be the most reliable method to get something done by anyone.

On a side note, I requested a call back on Monday and when it called me I was placed into a queue for another five minutes!

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I call sending an email to eBay a waste of time.

If you do get a reply it'll be a standard script that often won't even address your issues.

Phone them.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

The few times I've emailed them with a prob I've had a fairly quick and good response,  now they won't even let you email them , it has to be the phone .......   like that ad "please hold, your call will take a.. long....  time"

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

So now they are not responding to emails and they have also hidden their call centre phone numbers too.

Pretty soon they will not even need a call centre.

That must be becasue their services are just soooo good. NOT!

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Here is my opinion based on my experience

Due to them not answering 4 emails from myself and my customer for over 36 hours - they refunded my customer (3 days later) for an item that the customer was trying to advise them that they had received.... I have now sent about 80 emails trying to get them to fix this..  but they say "no tracking" we refund... and I am like "you didn't need tracking" she advised you she had the item....  The customer is like "it's ebays problem,, they refunded me!".... They have phoned the customer and know she was trying to advise them but they do not care... I have about 1 scammer a week now... using the new Ebay systems.. to get free goods.. It use to be about 2 a quarter..

It is truely not worth it anymore and my set up elsewhere is going great.... so it's just a matter of time for me and I'll hang in until then.

But there is absolutely no service on Ebay anymore... they take your money, have really dodgy systems that do not work and offer no service - brilliant business model if you can get away with it?

For Ebay to make it such a buyer driven system... means that there are now limited buyers which is why they are giving buyers all power to try and entice them - so Ebay is a dying.... it's sad because it was awesome.. 

I have been on a site in New Zealand for as long as I have been on Ebay... and they have changed so litlle - Sellers can still leave negative feedback for buyers and if items are not received... it's between the seller and buyer to sort out... My sales in New Zealand are still similar to what they always have been .....??? and the last time I had to talk to their customer service department was 2 years ago...

Where are the buyers in Aus these days? Let's go there...

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Don't you have a telephone? I don't understand why you're wasting your time sending emails when a single phone call to eBay would more than likely get things sorted.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Whether I call, write or chat I still just get generic responses which do not address the reasons for my contact.

Phone calls are a minimum of one hour and leave me exhausted from frustration. Yesterday one Ebay rep told me to absolutely not refund a buyer through Paypal. They then put me through to someone else and despite my asking them (and they promising) to explain the issue to the new Ebay rep, they did not do so. So i had to start all over again and that Eby rep said to refund the buyer through Paypal. Always conflicting information.

When I chat they ask me to call to explain, and when I send an email it's a game of pingpong over several weeks or months.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

CQ one used to be able to go down thru the help pages and eventually reach a point where you could choose telephone support and be given a one-time PIN to use.

I have been unable to find that option now and arrive at the end where it says this feature is only supported via email support. So I sent an email (in the past I would have called) and after 1-week they have still not responded after saying someone will get back to you within 48-hours. pfffttt!

So it looks like they are making it more & more difficult to contact them and if you do they don't answer.

The only way I can see to get a phone call to them now is to find a path that has nothing to do with you problem that allows phone support and call them anyway. Only to be told that you have reached a department that does not handle this problem. They will then transfer you to the right place but you then go to the end of the wait queue again.

So damned frustrating now.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Clarry, I haven't needed to ring eBay for a couple of weeks now, but I had no trouble accessing the proper link to receive the one-time unique code. Perhaps the trick is to do it during business hours, as the number seems hardest to find when there's nobody there to take calls.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply