The usual 2664.

Ends 31st

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: 150 freebies for some will be starting on 22nd

pnc75
Community Member

Another one starts 29th and ends 7th June.

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

Can you please send through the link
Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

Its the 2664 one given at the start of the thread

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

*tippy*toes* wrote:

Yes, you can, but the last couple of times I've had it, it finished on the first of the month. I got the email today but haven't activated it yet as I want to use my 40 first. I'm not sure of the date of this one, but assuming it will go past the end of the month.

It ends on the 31st Tippy. That's the one that started on 22nd. But you're right to be cautious as there are a number of rolling ones that come up that have different start and finish times for different people.

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@pnc75 wrote:

The solution is to 'Remove the auto relist" (drop down menu on right of listing) and then relist tomorrow, or whyen it suits you. At least you get to prolong the life of the ad.

However, don't also forget that if you still have any of your free 40 left you will also need to use them today, as once the 150 kick in they take precedence and they don'y finish until the last day of the month.

Last month I actually got the email, so I used my 40 before accepting it. I think I finallly accepted it 3 days after it was due to start. Even with a promo, I feel like I've ripped myself off if I don't use all my 40!

If you use all of your 150 before the end of the month you can then use any of the 40 that you still have left.

Yes, you can, but the last couple of times I've had it, it finished on the first of the month. I got the email today but haven't activated it yet as I want to use my 40 first. I'm not sure of the date of this one, but assuming it will go past the end of the month.

I was replying specifically to the comment that the 150 end on the last day of the month, which means that it doesn't matter which you use first, the 40 or the 150.  If you haven't used the 40 before you activate the 150, they'll still be there when you've finished using the 150.  Last month they started on the same day (the 22nd) and ran till the first day of the next month but that was because April only has 30 days.  May has 31 days so the 10 days are up on the 31st.

Fair enough that you hold off on activating them if you're not sure when yours start (they always run 10 days), or because you aren't ready to list/relist and you don't want the auto relists to come off the 150.  I have everything spread out evenly so that only a quarter of my listings end in any particular month, and I don't have enough auto relisting during the promo period to worry about them coming off the 150 (yet) so I activate them straight away (not this ID).

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@pnc75 wrote:

The solution is to 'Remove the auto relist" (drop down menu on right of listing) and then relist tomorrow, or whyen it suits you. At least you get to prolong the life of the ad.

However, don't also forget that if you still have any of your free 40 left you will also need to use them today, as once the 150 kick in they take precedence and they don'y finish until the last day of the month.

Last month I actually got the email, so I used my 40 before accepting it. I think I finallly accepted it 3 days after it was due to start. Even with a promo, I feel like I've ripped myself off if I don't use all my 40!

If you use all of your 150 before the end of the month you can then use any of the 40 that you still have left.

I was replying specifically to the comment that the 150 end on the last day of the month, which means that it doesn't matter which you use first, the 40 or the 150.  If you haven't used the 40 before you activate the 150, they'll still be there when you've finished using the 150.  Last month they started on the same day (the 22nd) and ran till the first day of the next month but that was because April only has 30 days.  May has 31 days so the 10 days are up on the 31st.

Fair enough that you hold off on activating them if you're not sure when yours start (they always run 10 days), or because you aren't ready to list/relist and you don't want the auto relists to come off the 150.  I have everything spread out evenly so that only a quarter of my listings end in any particular month, and I don't have enough auto relisting during the promo period to worry about them coming off the 150 (yet) so I activate them straight away (not this ID).

Umm, no. I got this month's offer on the 23rd. It still runs out on 31st. NINE days. The account I got them on, not this one, I loaded up in March when I got the first one. Now I just end them and relist them. That starts the 4 month period again.

BUT, 2664 doesn't always run for 10 days.

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

Reading though the posts, .... it seems the 2664 is available from about 15th to 22nd of each month for 10 days (just one week).    I would be interested to hear from anyone who  has received (or activated) them at a different time

I always start 'trying' the link from 14th, and I usually get them then.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

I've got a friend who always gets them at the start of the month, and has done so for a long time. I've seen posts from people who get them at all sorts of times, but usually around the same time every month (as their previous lot, not the same time as everyone else).

I've only had them once before, until lots of us got them last month. It seems like a lot of people got them on the 22nd who hadn't been getting them regularly before that. It makes sense for ebay to stagger them so that everybody isn't listing at the same time and slowly everything down, and so they don't have heaps of extra listings on the site this week and nothing the next week.

To Dave, I obviously got that one wrong (re 10 days). I was repeating what a friend said, who always gets them for 10 days, but obviously it's not the same for everyone. Perhaps we're more special than you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

dot, I'm not sure what you mean by "for 10 days (just one week)". 15th to 22nd is eight days - neither 10 days or one week.
Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

Sorry Brer Rabbit.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I meant they usually seem to be aviailable over the week I mentioned,  ie 150 free listings over 10 days.

I get them quite regularly ..... always 150 for 10 days .... always starting on 15, 16 or 17th.   If you accept them after those dates, they start immediately so for less time  (I try to accept them earlier).

Thank you for the feedback re your friend getting them early in the month ... that proves my theory wrong.

I'm glad to see you got them last month .... hope they continue for you.  Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

I used to get them every month over the past few years, but the past few months they have stopped.  Can no longer accept them.

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply