21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

@herveybaybloke wrote:
How do we bump it up?

just like thisSmiley Very Happy

Message 421 of 524
Latest reply

Ok how is thois? sliughtly on topic.

this is new to me.

Seller refunded me, but it says it wont clear into my Paypal account until 2nd March.

I paid with paypal funds, seller couldnt find item, and refunded me.

Just to be clear, it was a refund, he didnt just send me money (as a refund). He clicked the refund button or whatever.

All transactions show as linked in paypal.

After I just sorted out the nightmare of paypal holding funds for 21 days as a seller, (as in this thread)

Are they really just holding any $ they can for as long as they can?

Message 422 of 524
Latest reply

That is an easy one to answer....ring paypal and if the money is not released to you immediately go to the FOS.  That is just not on!!

Message 423 of 524
Latest reply

Thanks,

I quote

(Mr Paypal) "That's the silliest thing I ever heard"

haha he said its an error, its been sent to paypal as a cheque (?) and will clear in a few days or 5.

Oh boy.

Message 424 of 524
Latest reply

@cinema-arts wrote:

Thanks,

I quote

(Mr Paypal) "That's the silliest thing I ever heard"

haha he said its an error, its been sent to paypal as a cheque (?) and will clear in a few days or 5.

Oh boy.

Just a possibility.... If the seller had cleared their PayPal account before discovering they couldn't send the item, there wouldn't be a balance to fund an instant refund, so they may have actually had to refund via eCheque, where the funds are drawn against the bank account balance instead, which does take a few days to clear. 

Message 425 of 524
Latest reply

yeah thats what I think happened, but the clearing date says 2nd march, (and was refunded on the 9th of Feb)

Message 426 of 524
Latest reply

@cinema-arts wrote:

yeah thats what I think happened, but the clearing date says 2nd march, (and was refunded on the 9th of Feb)

I missed the time frame Smiley Embarassed

A 4 week processing time is a bit much, to put it mildly. Smiley Surprised

On a sidenote, I made an instant payment to eBay for seller fees last week, funded by my PayPal balance, and that was processing for over 48 hours, not very long in the grand scheme of things, but I thought it was interesting PayPal were essentially withholding funds from eBay, even if just for a bit. Smiley Very Happy

Message 427 of 524
Latest reply

Someone said that about 50% of the posts here were primarily for "bumping" and they gave no input into the problem or a solution to it.......

I find that a little sad that someone going to the thread has to wade through all those "bumps" to get to any real input on the OP.

Spoiler
"OP"  in this instance means the Original Post...........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 428 of 524
Latest reply

I was accused of doing that Padi by one of the Trolls on the boards.  The truth was that I only bumped it 4 or 5 times in the early days when it was in danger of falling off the page.....and very late at night so it would be near the top for the early birds.

These days I just don't bother.

We could try asking the Mods to remove the "Bump" threads as they add nothing to the discussion.

Message 429 of 524
Latest reply

We had a result within 48-hours.
Message 430 of 524
Latest reply