21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

I sold an item on18th  September and pay pal still has my funds. It does not repay the amount into my Pay pal account. it wants my bank details which it is never going to get. I cannot understand why the hold was made in the first place since I have a good reputation on ebay. Any sale should go straight to my pay pal account. Pay pal stilll haS my money!!!!

Message 521 of 524
Latest reply

@levitzfurniture2012 wrote:

We have exactly the same problem. The item was delivered 2 weeks ago with tracking number and the funds are still holding in Paypal due to some nonsense ridiculous New Fxxx Ebay policy. We called them to request the funds and asked them if they cannot access to any information on whether the item is delivered or not, then how they can make decision of when they release the funds. Their reply is xxxxxxx it is new Ebay policy!

@hmmar-spier wrote:

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

I sold an item on18th  September and pay pal still has my funds. It does not repay the amount into my Pay pal account. it wants my bank details which it is never going to get. I cannot understand why the hold was made in the first place since I have a good reputation on ebay. Any sale should go straight to my pay pal account. Pay pal stilll haS my money!!!!

Message 522 of 524
Latest reply

@thomashardy243 wrote:

@levitzfurniture2012 wrote:

We have exactly the same problem. The item was delivered 2 weeks ago with tracking number and the funds are still holding in Paypal due to some nonsense ridiculous New Fxxx Ebay policy. We called them to request the funds and asked them if they cannot access to any information on whether the item is delivered or not, then how they can make decision of when they release the funds. Their reply is xxxxxxx it is new Ebay policy!

@hmmar-spier wrote:

While you have a number of feedbacks as a buyer, you only have five feedbacks as seller in the last twelve months. Ebay apply the hold funds for 21 days policy to new sellers, until they have established a track record of succesfull sales. This is a security measure to try to prevent new accounts being set up specifically to commit fraud, take the money and run.  Once you reach a certain number of sales without issues, the money will then automatically go straight to your paypal account.

Sorry but I cant remember if there is a specific number of sales in a certain period of time you need to reach for this to occur. Someone else may have the specifics on this detail. 

Message 523 of 524
Latest reply

They've all probably worked that out in the last FOUR years.

Message 524 of 524
Latest reply