21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Re: 21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

They are holding my mother in law's money in her account for 180 days!
Message 491 of 524
Latest reply

Having read this thread, you/MIL now know the solution.

Message 492 of 524
Latest reply

BUMPITY BUMP!!!!

Message 493 of 524
Latest reply

Bump!!

Link to where you send your complaint to the FOS - https://forms.fos.org.au/OnlineDispute

It affects us all!!

BUYERS AND SELLERS NEED TO WORK TOGETHER AND HAVE THIS POLICY REVERSED.

Message 494 of 524
Latest reply

Please be aware.

paypal is holding funds. 

Their expectation is you need to add tracking numbers both in ebay and paypal and the funds will not be released until the customer has recieved their goods. 

So the customer in good faith pays for their goods,  we are expected in good faith to dispatch the goods and paypal will withhold the funds for up to 21days.

I contacted the financial  ombudsman as i saw the same problem on other threads and this was suggested.  Now because of that paypal won't speak to me because it has gone to their lawyers.

I have over 2000.00 worth or money being held. When i in good faith have dispatched the goods. 

And i have refunded some buyers and they have not recieved their money either

So not happy

Message 495 of 524
Latest reply

If the buyers who were refunded have used a credit or debit card to fund their payment the refund will go back to their card account, not to their paypal account.  It takes anything up to a week for it to show, depending on their bank.

I am not sure if you are able to do a refund from funds that are on hold....I think you have to ask paypal to do it for you.

Message 496 of 524
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

So whats changed since this post went up 12/12/14 ?

Message 497 of 524
Latest reply

Nothing much has changed but because of this thread a lot of sellers are finding it a lot easier to get their funds released by paypal.

It is a good start and probably as much as we can expect given that ebay and paypal take no notice of members.

Message 498 of 524
Latest reply

I can update our issue, we went through the run around with the FSO to get funds released, but the funds accumilated once more.

We have a business account with PayPal with the large amount of money that goes through it. Literly one 45 second phone call to our "rep" at paypal and the hold's were removed immedatley and permantly. 

You would think that we would be a bit better looked after since we pay eBay over $50k a year NOT including paypal. 

I think this is an example of eBay forcing second hand sellers onto their Gumtree platform and only dealing with the larger companies (goodguys, woolies ect. ect.) 

Message 499 of 524
Latest reply

Hi, I know this is an old post, but relevant to me at the moment. Is it still worthwhile lodging a dispute with the Ombudsman? And have any sellers had luck or are still having luck with this? Thanks

Message 500 of 524
Latest reply