21 Day Hold on Payments

Hi all,

I know there is another thread on this subject however i would like to open a new one based on another theory i have for this happening.

Let me ask, how much money do you think is currently on hold at any given time? We are talking millions of dollars, maybe even billions. This money would be held in Ebay's/Paypal's trust accounts before being released.

Can you imagine the interest earned on this money sitting in it's trust accounts? For me, this is just another reason for ebay/paypal to make money. And to be fair, a very smart way of doing things.

I think this has been the plan for a very long time. Slowly introduce all these changes for the "buying experience", slowly weed out the **bleep** sellers and then place holds on all payments for a certain period which can therefore earn millions in interest.

Happy Days!!!

FOR EBAY

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: 21 Day Hold on Payments

@bribrihorse2011 wrote:

Hello....Where do I find the site for FOS.  please ......I have been selling for years .....suddenly my payment kept    ....can't get a reason .....outrageous !!!!!!!    Bri

https://forms.fos.org.au/OnlineDispute

Good luck!

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Hi,

OK basic question here having read all the threads on this subject, has anybody actually gotton this 21 day Paypal fund hold overturned ? Actually had one payment the other day came straight through thought for a moment all was back to normal but 2 more after that on 21 day hold again

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

If you have read all the threads on this subject then you should know that some sellers have had it overturned permanently while others have to ring paypal every time they want money released.

It is still up in the air and is not likely to be settled unless people keep reporting to the FOS.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Hi,

OK admit have not read everything in the threads but need to know how one goes about reporting it to the FOS as it is getting really hard now with buyers purchasing items per day and cant pay suppliers for stock as payments are all locked up in this stupid 21 day hold, basically like having money but not allowed to use it to run the business

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@ausbargainbasement wrote:

Hi,

OK admit have not read everything in the threads but need to know how one goes about reporting it to the FOS as it is getting really hard now with buyers purchasing items per day and cant pay suppliers for stock as payments are all locked up in this stupid 21 day hold, basically like having money but not allowed to use it to run the business

You can't have read far, because 4 messages above this one I left a link to lodge a complaint.

As for success stories, my friend was one of the first. Lodged a complaint, 3 or 4 days later got a message from PayPal saying that he was permanently exempted from any future holds. He had an established selling account and opened a new one, which was the one having the holds. His payments were going into the same PayPal account, and even though PayPal said they could see that, they were still treating him as a brand new seller. 

Lodged the complaint and all was fixed in a matter of days. As far as I know, he's had no further issues.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Hi sheepie,

yes your right, well have lodged a complaint with the FOS, will see how that pans out

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Good luck! Most people are getting a result in less than a week. They seem to be very efficient in what they do (the FOS). I guess they're getting used to this complaint now, there's been quite a few lodged!

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply