21 day funds hold policy

Can anyone find the actual listed policy for the 21 day holds?

I have contacted paypal several times in the last week and had them clear my funds yet everytime something sells Im back in the same loop.

So when did they ammend the terms and conditions and when did we agree to them?

Where is the policy on eBays website as according to their customer service team the policy doesn't exist online.

I have met all the requirements that I can see 25 sales over 90 days since first sale and over $250 in sales so I dont see how the can continue holding our funds.

Until the issue is resolved I'm considering removing all my listings from eBay as its getting beyond a joke ringing paypal everytime an item sells.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: 21 day funds hold policy

From what paypal told me....''this is an ebay decision that makes sure people get their items prior to christmas,if the buyer can leave you a positive feedback we will release the funds'' **bleep**.ok so i will hold the item for 21 days,let the guy who bought it stand here for that long as it is collection only,or in future do buyers have to bring a fookin laptop or iphone,check my gear,leave a feedback and wait till paypal release the money.

think many of us are now looking to go to another sale site huh......

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

This policy to hold funds is a disgrace. I don't know how anyone can think Paypal are brilliant. This must be illegal somehow? And how is one supposed to send items when funds to cover postage are locked away in Paypal high investment account? Utter gutter rubbish all in the name of "security".........................

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I also have a 14 yr old paypal account and opened another ebay id which has both the same profiles eg names addresses bank details .

Paypal have been very good in releasing the funds but they seem to have instructions from Ebay not to do so. It seems however that if one uses a ebay postage label which resricts one to a satchel or box which is dearer that a padded bag then one can get one's funds in 3days. All my packages have been sent by registered trackable mail and but for paypal I would have not been able to post the items because of the tied up funds...go figure.

Ebay  have or are in the processs of selling off  Paypal and substituting their own buyer protection policy which seems like its going to be a nightmare for sellers

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I have just got of the phone from Paypal..............

It is NOT Paypal who are holding fund.....

It's e-bay .....

If you a new member with no account then your only way is with the

FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN...

put a claim in against e-bay.......

I will be calling e-bay till I get answers

will update ....

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Don't waste a thread - continue it here

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

well that was a waste of time .....
you need to have over $250 in sale and 25 feedbacks
then the hold will be lifted.....
come from e-bay .....
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Which is why I said to go to the thread that is currently contacting the FO -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

if you don't want to waste your time looking at it, then best you don't waste our time complaining.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks greencat Smiley Happy - old thread I know, but another complaint just lodged for new ID !  Paypal won't consider I've had a blemish free account for over 5 years unless I link the new and old ID's, so maybe they'll consider what the FOS has to say Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply