23 watchers $1 listing and no sales

I had 23 watchers and I was having sale I listed items from $1 and to my surprise I had no sales after 7 days on eBay.

I thought everyone wanted a bargain, well the real winner will be the op shoppe

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: 23 watchers $1 listing and no sales

Very quiet this weekend.  Just checked on traffic, lots of browsers, not too many lookers.  I got a huge email from Amazon with their 27 most sought after products.  Maybe Amazon is selling not ebay.  

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Oh darn, probably wasn't appropriate to say the A word.  Sorry to all.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe the watchers thought you were selling Cinese junk.

Unless you inflate the postage, and it is separate, you might as well give the stuff to the Op shop. Your fees would be 44c, plus fees on postage

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@unique_pre-driven wrote:

Very quiet this weekend.  Just checked on traffic, lots of browsers, not too many lookers.  I got a huge email from Amazon with their 27 most sought after products.  Maybe Amazon is selling not ebay.  

Maybe they are also not selling. Why else send out emails?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I took a look at your incomplete listings and to be honest, I would never touch anything that is displayed on someones bed. A couple of those shirts seem to have some kind of electronic device and I reckon I would have more chance of getting electrocuted, never mind how to go about washing something that seems to contain electronics.

If you want to sell clothes, invest in a mannequin so at least your presentation looks semi-professional.

Also, your "terms and conditions" in your listings are not Ebay legal. You cannot override Ebay policies such as telling a buyer you are not responsible for lost items. I can guarantee that unless you provide tracking, a buyer will win a claim every time.

You do not need to spell out a heap of warnings for buyers, it's completely off-putting. Why should a buyer with a feedback less than 10 contact you prior? What difference would that make? I sell to 0 feedback buyers all the time, and yet have been messed around by buyers with thousands of feedback.

"A 10% Restocking Fee will apply to recover costs from time-wasters, who are not committed to buy."

What exactly does this mean? If a buyer does not pay within 4 days anyway, how do you recover costs?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Sometimes an item will get no sales one week, then interest the following week. I seen disposable surgical masks go through auction the other week for $25 for a carton of 2000. Normally retails for $1000 but had little interest. I find you just need to patient sometimes.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply