250.000 LISTINGS PER MONTH !

Did I read this right or is this another famous E-Bay glitch ?

If I sign up for managed payments, I get 250.000 listings, that is not in an E-Bay life time, but per month !

How does anyone manage 250.000 listings per month ?

For example, do stamp sellers start selling 1 stamp at the time; do craft sellers start selling 1 skein of wool at the time; do accessory sellers sell one plastic hair clip at the time @ 50 cents etc etc; the mind boggles !

Since we have so many listings to play with - are we going to see sellers actually starting to sell things like a burnt piece of toast in the shape of Jesus (yes that did appear on E-Bay, many years ago); what exactly are the guidelines when it comes to 250.000 listing a month ?

Just curious how that is going to effect sellers, actually selling items in already flooded categories if utter nonsense is going to be listed, just because one has unlimited listings and the sky is the limit.

What is your opinion ?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: 250.000 LISTINGS PER MONTH !

cridco
Community Member

They have reduced the listings though. When I changed to managed payments a few weeks ago, I checked on the 250k through message. I had a store till May 31 and did away with it because of the 250k free listings but the tally of available listings for this month is 250 and when you click through free listings are tabled for non-store on manged payments - 250, non store and not on managed payments -200, starter store 1000 and so on.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Have you actually listed anything?

My store account stays fixed on 600 remaining regardless, and my non-store account shows no promos, yet I don't get charged listing fees.

Try it and see - you have at least 200 free listings...

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for that suggestion. I did list something and now the notice saying I had 250 free listings is gone. So I must be onto the 250k now!!

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

I don't know that it's really going to affect many sellers - I think the number is too extreme as an incentive, they may as well say unlimited. 

Though perhaps I'll have a look at the Pokemon cards that my son 'had to have' in the 90s - I wasn't keen on putting in the work when they couldn't all be listed at once (without insertion fees or spreading them across IDs)

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

With 250k listings it now makes the 'Time Left' counter irrelevant for fixed price listings...

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Exactly, because one will never run out of listings, unless you manage to list more than 250.000 items per month each month !

My only concern is that with so many free listings per month; the sky is going to be the limited for the type of things you can list and E-Bay will be full of useless rubbish you have to wade through.

We've been through this before when E-Bay had unlimited listings; that's when they eventually started to have limited listings and charges for going over.

Now they have reverted back again and then some !

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply