250.000 LISTINGS PER MONTH !

Did I read this right or is this another famous E-Bay glitch ?

If I sign up for managed payments, I get 250.000 listings, that is not in an E-Bay life time, but per month !

How does anyone manage 250.000 listings per month ?

For example, do stamp sellers start selling 1 stamp at the time; do craft sellers start selling 1 skein of wool at the time; do accessory sellers sell one plastic hair clip at the time @ 50 cents etc etc; the mind boggles !

Since we have so many listings to play with - are we going to see sellers actually starting to sell things like a burnt piece of toast in the shape of Jesus (yes that did appear on E-Bay, many years ago); what exactly are the guidelines when it comes to 250.000 listing a month ?

Just curious how that is going to effect sellers, actually selling items in already flooded categories if utter nonsense is going to be listed, just because one has unlimited listings and the sky is the limit.

What is your opinion ?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

i have no opinion.    It is a fact that all sellers on managed payments get 250,000 free listings a month.

You won't see them on any counter - your existing counter just does not move.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I think that once everyone is on MP, they'll 'scrap it.'

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

eBay have been shifting to making their money when sellers make money - it's a lot easier to incentivise sellers to spend money if they feel like it will help them make money, so they will continue to strategise and / or to introduce fees that are based around selling rather than listing, IMHO.  (It's also easier to extract the fees from sellers when they get paid through their own system etc). 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

The listings counter vanished from my Promotional Offers window 2 weeks after 'Mangled Payments' kicked in.  I was still sticking to 40 listings though in case I missed some sting in the tail **asterisk** with the 250k figure.  Woolworths, Coles and Bunnings combined would not come near that figure...

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

'It is a fact that all sellers on managed payments get 250,000 free listings a month.'

let's hope it stays and doesn't revert to 40. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

i have over 80k items in my catalogue.  Almost 10k listings.  Not that hard with the right software tbh

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

It will, otherwise pay-per-month eBay stores have made themselves irrelevant. Besides, eBay have a few million to make when the entire country starts being charged $1.65 each when GTCs beyond the 40th relist the month after the promo ends! Round of applause in the eBay Inc. head office, pay-rises all round!

Fool us once eBay, shame on us (BIN becoming GTC without the accompanying 8 free relists).

Fools us twice eBay, shame on you.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

cridco
Community Member

Today, my promotional offers shows 250 auction or fixed price listings not 250,000 and I click on the link with this offer the offer reads 200 auction or fixed price listings. So things seem to have changed.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

FVF reductions, branding, individual category menus, and additional marketing tools are not irrelevant. 

eBay don't need to give away free listings to get people to switch, not when they already have "switch or GTFO". 

They also have a history of increasing free listings, not reducing them. 'Member when a basic store only gave you 200 free listings, and featured only gave you 500? Then in 2017, they tripled that? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 😆

ETA: For the record, I'm not saying eBay would never reduce the number of free listings, just that 250K is an odd number to dangle as an enticement in order to "ensare" people when it is exponentially higher than the average seller would ever list, and if they ever did reduce them, I doubt it would be to below pre-MP levels. 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply