28 days or 10 days? huh?

so I've listed 2 items...recently

one lot in books magazines 

and another in home and gardens party occasions I have 3 of that item avail.  I searched what was avail in ebay and then clicked on sell similar.

I am surprised they've gone up for 28 days.  I'm not a store so surprised I can do that.  I take advantage of the 3 autorelists but that usually involves ticking the box.  I've heard of GTCancelled but didn't deleiberately click on anything....

are I paying more for 28 day listing, how did I do this and whats the diffence/advantage of doing it this way. is it only in certain categories, or have I missed a communcation re change for casual sellers?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

28 days or 10 days? huh?

Non store holders now have 30 day or GTC listings available for BIN's.

IMO, the down side is some buyers will buy because they don't know if an item will be relisted so to have a listing run down on the clock 3 or 4 times within 30 days may mean a rush purchase. Not so relevant with smaller multiple items.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

Private sellers have been able to access the longer BIN time frames ( 30 days I think it is from memory ) for the past few weeks. There was not any announcement, it just appeared. The extra time is included free of charge in the normal 40 freebies for private sellers per month.

Sellers who recieve occasional 100 freebies offers from ebay will need to be carefull they dont click the "good till cancelled " option or they will be charged full price once the item relists.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

wow!  ok so GTC is a bit risky really, as in before relisting on a freebie offer you'd need to check every length of time rather than using the bulk relist feature.    (i remember reading on the forums about the free subtitle offer when you got relists you'd get charged).

so I've got a few now with the 30 days and the free relist ticked.... that means the listing gets 90 days now?  or will one override another?

also does that mean I can go in and change all my items to a 30 day listing?  I wonder if this means they're phasing out the freebies or making listing prices more expensive soon

I understand the rush comment. hmm why is ebay being so nice to non stores again? is it because no-one is buying much?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

what does this mean?

"The duration you selected may change the price of some listing upgrades"

when I change the duration from 10 to 30 days on an autorelisted item (within 2 hrs of it relisting)

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

wow!  ok so GTC is a bit risky really, as in before relisting on a freebie offer you'd need to check every length of time rather than using the bulk relist feature.    (i remember reading on the forums about the free subtitle offer when you got relists you'd get charged).

so I've got a few now with the 30 days and the free relist ticked.... that means the listing gets 90 days now?  or will one override another?

also does that mean I can go in and change all my items to a 30 day listing?  I wonder if this means they're phasing out the freebies or making listing prices more expensive soon

I understand the rush comment. hmm why is ebay being so nice to non stores again? is it because no-one is buying much?

120 days, actually.

You will have to select the 30 day option before you relist. It usually doesn't work if you relist and try to edit.

I just use the relist option from unsold and change it in the window that pops up.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

On some sites you pay extra if you list items for longer than 7 days, that message has always come up if I change a 7 day listing to a 10 day one.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

thanks! hey what happens with all the kudos people get on the forums are they any use?
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

Ego-boosting?

No idea. You can't cash them in, so no practical value.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

28 days or 10 days? huh?

Yes, at the end of each month you trade them in for free listings..........................

NO, not really. Smiley Very Happy

No real use, I often (as I think many others do) use it as Thanks or I have seen your post or simply, I like it.

image host
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply