3 auto relists not working

I used my 4o free listings this month. Everything was listed for 10 days plus the 3 free auto relists.

All my items have now ended with no free relists. 

Is this another glitch or are they now a thing of the past for some people?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: 3 auto relists not working

They can sometimes take 5-10 mins to relist.

And some have experienced the free relists to come and go.

But today is freaky friday so that could be it. (eBay maintenance day)

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Could be you.

Or it could be the fact that it is FRIDAY. Maintenance day.

Check again. Or tomorrow. I checked mine and they have all relisted.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

freaky friday must have extended to Saturday because mine did not relist.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

This has happened for me. If your sales have gone over a certain limit in the last 12 months it disappears and you are not entitled to them apparently. It will take a great deal of talking with ebay to establish this is the reason though. Not sure why this is ebays strategy, as it is a lose lose situation if you are not willing to relist them with fees and have to wait for more free listings.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@mjm7774 wrote:

This has happened for me. If your sales have gone over a certain limit in the last 12 months it disappears and you are not entitled to them apparently. It will take a great deal of talking with ebay to establish this is the reason though. Not sure why this is ebays strategy, as it is a lose lose situation if you are not willing to relist them with fees and have to wait for more free listings.

More than 100 sales AND $12,000 in the last 12 months usually sees them drop off. EBay will try to tell you that once you reach 100 sales, that's it, but you have to have reached the monetary amount too. Once you drop below the threshhold again they reappear.

Often they do just disappear for no reason. Quite common during free listing promotions. I just go back later and revise the listing and the free relist box appears. I also periodically check random listings that I know aren't on their final relist to make sure they are still going to relist. I've only had a handful over the years that were supposed to relist and don't. I've also caught a handful before they ended that weren't going to relist (the box had been unticked by who knows who), so revised to retick the box.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I've lost mine on all 3 accounts. My smaller accounts have way under 100 sales and certainly not $12,000. This account has 100 sales in the past 12 mths but not $12,000. Rang eBay and they said because they have linked my accounts if you lose the 3 free relists on one account you lose them on all other accounts! 😡

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

This has happened to me too. I ticked the box to relist items for 3 times. A lot of my items haven't relisted. I rang Ebay and there is nothing they can do. I also had people that hadn't paid for items and then had to relist them. I am getting more frustated with Ebay with all these sort of issues. Sellers are not important and everything seems complicated. A buyer places a bid then they don't pay so I have to wait for days to get a credit then relist the item using another listing. I have had enough of Ebay and will do something else.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

There was a glitch a while back whereby majority of people lost them. I found that by switching to the quick listing format saw it still there, but wasn't showing on the advanced lister. I went crazy editing all my listings, changing to the quick lister, only to find the fixed the glitch a week or so later.

Another reason for the box to disappear is overloaded browser cache. Clearing that out (and cookies for good measure) can sometimes see it reappear. I don't believe anything eBay says any more about the free relists because experience has shown that 99.9% of the time they are wrong.

Another reason for not having it is if you upgrade one or more accounts to a business account. Not something I'd ever advise anyone to do because it can never be changed back. Not saying that's what you've done, but throwing it out there for anyone else reading.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

There's a definite glitch at the moment, or there was last night.  On one of my IDs I had seven items due to AR last night but six of them didn't, despite getting the "Your item will be auto relisted" email for every one of them.  I've had the odd other item not auto relist when it hasn't finished all its cycles, but in those cases I've never got the email to say it'll auto relist.

I don't know whether they're just not fixing glitches or whether it's deliberate so that we're forced to either pay listing fees or to put everything on 30 days so that everyone is more or less on a level playing field (everyone using 30 days).

While I could have a lot more listings from my 40 freebies if I put everything on 30 days with AR, if I don't have at least three times the number of listings I wouldn't get seen very often in my category.

For anyone who manually relists and AR disappears, try opening each listing and then editing to add AR, rather than clicking on 'revise' from the dropdown menu to the right of your selling page.  A friend told me this and it worked last time AR disappeared on me.  When I revised from the dropdown menu either I'd add AR but it didn't stick, or there was no box on the listings in the first place.  

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply