5.5 % final value fee Penalty for Lousy eBay "Below Standard" seller judgments Really eBay, Really?

Are eBay seriously for Real, or just sick as I suspect them to be?
I have an impeccable Feedback rating of 100%, mostly maintained in the very high 99% range up to 100% for the lifetime of my selling history on eBay. the last 15 to 20 years, and yet they have the nerve of late to have evaluated me to be a "Below Standard" seller.
Why, ??

Because of the last 6 months or so I had 3 transactions made , whereby no fault my own, these were delivery failures.
from Australia Post, nothing to do with my side of the equation, I know categorically 100%, these items were all posted, and detailed as such in the records I keep,. and in the effort to keep these low cost items at an affordable reasonable realistic price, and not made cost prohibitive, they are sent without the extra expense of tracking. Sent essentially as standard letters, whereby no comeback for myself when the item no fault my own but the Aus Post failure they go missing.

I explain this issue to the buyers, fully disclosing my side of the deal has been rightly transacted upon, whereby fully fulfilled the obligation to post such purchased item by standard mail, and yet eBay want to hold me accountable as to not "Resolving the matter with the buyer" and thus decide therefore to lower my seller rating to "Below Standard"

When in every instance, I do not automatically resolve the matter, because as I explain to the buyers, often these items need more time given in the post to fully accept as to whether they are a no show or otherwise, particularly of late due to the overloading of delivery services and Covid adverse effects on such services.

So I have usually left it to go full term without making any refund commitment, hoping against all hope that perhaps just maybe, knowing full well and having a flawless reputation as upholding my side of the deal in every eBay sale transaction evident from my high percentage feedback rating that just possibly like a snow flakes chance in Hell, maybe eBay might see it from my point of vies for a change and split the meagre loss, usually no more than $10 between the buyer and the seller for a change, Making it then an equitable solution, since it takes 2 to make a sales transaction, why should the seller always be the one to come out on the losing end,? specifically, when it is always the buyer who has initiated the transaction to start, surely some responsibility for low cost no show items ought to rest with buyers also.

But NO, as always the only resolution acceptable in eBays eyes and most every buyer who does not get his $5 item as expected, is to get a full refund and nothing else will ever be entered into negotiation, irregardless  the sellers impeccable reputation and past stellar sales history.

So eBay refund the buyer the cash rightly still the sellers, having upheld his side of the bargain, Then eBay decide to hold these No Show deliveries against me as if somehow I have something to do with how Australia Post delivery service functions in every minute detail with its foibles and failures. So they concoct some rubbish that somehow on account of failed deliveries and non automatic refunds for such failed deliveries the seller, (myself) must pay with a "Below Standard" seller rating
Because of 3 items out of 153 Deliveries Failures and 1 late shipment rating out of 64 transactions, I get a below standard seller rating, potentially setting the seller up for an extra 5.5 % final value fee applicable on the following months sales as a penalty for a Below Standard seller rating as if somehow the low rating were issued to myself on the basis of any fair and equitable assessment in the first instance.

Really eBay, where do you get off?? and where do you dream up such rubbish, ?? at the bottom of a garbage bin?
Really stinky of you eBay just one more time.as seems to be par for the course these days in the eBay Bubble..

here's eBay's all so fair assessment made -

Seller level rating 2_.jpg

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: 5.5 % final value fee Penalty for Lousy eBay "Below Standard" seller judgments Really

One think i've discovered, although not common but has happened to me. Some customers online suffer from dementia. They forgot I sent the item. They may have been using it but don't associate that with receiving it, so have lodged inr but later withdrawed claim in a moment of clarity. Just keep in mind, that Australia Post might not always be a fault.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: 5.5 % final value fee Penalty for Lousy eBay "Below Standard" seller judgments Really

the entire novel you wrote can be summarized like this :

I made mistakes. The mistakes are mine and mine alone

But will write a novel in which I will blame eBay

LOL - splitting costs with buyer - how about you buy a $1000 item from me, Au Post loses it and we split the costs :). If works for your $10 should work for everything
Were is the buyer's fault ?????

Grow up.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

We Live and Learn.

Thankyou  for all contributions made here, mostly helpful and supportive.

Shall take it on board.

Selah

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply