A bit lopsided but some items always seem to get interest.

go-tazz
Community Member

6 items,27 views and one watcher on 5 items,(2 of them have only had 4 views each in over 6 days and I'm getting to the stage off just handing them to an Op shop as it seems pointless to list a lot of itmes on here now),Who knows.gif

58 views and 10 watchers on the other item,(Daughter came across them and remembered me saying to

always grab them and I'll list them for her),good.gif

Now to see whether the watchers will actually turn into bidders,(I've had items in the past with similar and even

higher views that only turned into one bid),shok.gif

I used to have a box of stuff that I had as may be able to list on eBay,(it's gone to the Op shop as there just

wasn't any point listing them for the meagre amount I may have got for them after the FVF's where taken out).

stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If you've got a lot of small, inexpensive items, a Rotary stall on a Sunday morning might be the go.

Where I live (suburban Melbourne) there are a few around, fee is $10 a car.

Just set up a folding table or two and maybe have a picnic blanket as well, lay out your stuff and a fair bit might move.

I think it varies by area on what will sell best but worth a try.

You won't always get what you would on ebay, but then again, you'll sometimes sell little things you could never sell on ebay.

Plus no fees, no postage & no item returns or disputes.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I subscribe to inkfrog which includes real-time tracking of views and based on eBay recorded views, buyer questions and sales, I have no confidence that eBay views in any way capture the actual views an item has had.

I think it just become more of a problem through the use of mobile devices, if a viewer with a mobile does not click into the description then a view does not appear to be recorded. 

I continue to regularly sell many things that have no meaningful number of views, and no watchers.

I also think the mobile app notification functions recently added, serves to discourage people to watch items, due to the notification settings that seem to ignore any user preferences selected NOT to receive notifications.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I feel that many of the "watchers" are actually others selling the same item OR looking to sell theirs.  Many years ago, watchers indicated those who were interested in bidding, but no so anymore.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I got an email from ebay on a item im "watching" not to buy but it gives me an idea what to price my item at, anyhoo ebay told me that two bidders were "circling" the item... @_@
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

We are in country Victoria and have a market once a month but that's $25 each time and you end up with

not many lookers as they put you at the end,(you see people coming up and then turn around to go back

well before reaching the last few stalls).

Last time we made a clear profit of $20 after spending 5 hours there,(so not really worth it),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I subscribe to inkfrog which includes real-time tracking of views and based on eBay recorded views, buyer questions and sales, I have no confidence that eBay views in any way capture the actual views an item has had.

I think it just become more of a problem through the use of mobile devices, if a viewer with a mobile does not click into the description then a view does not appear to be recorded. 

I continue to regularly sell many things that have no meaningful number of views, and no watchers.

I also think the mobile app notification functions recently added, serves to discourage people to watch items, due to the notification settings that seem to ignore any user preferences selected NOT to receive notifications.

Most of my auction sales have come after at least one watcher has been noted on an item,(I've only sold a few

items were there have being no watcher).

Phones and eBay don't seem to be a good combination at times.

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

I feel that many of the "watchers" are actually others selling the same item OR looking to sell theirs.  Many years ago, watchers indicated those who were interested in bidding, but no so anymore.

That has occured in the past on some items that had multiple watchers but didn't receive a single bid,shok.gif

@bakeandfry wrote:
@I got an email from ebay on a item im "watching" not to buy but it gives me an idea what to price my item at, anyhoo ebay told me that two bidders were "circling" the item... @_@@

More of their carp so that you'll be "bluffed" into buying it.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I checked a listing of mine yesterday and it had 8 Views and 23 Watching !!

Really - can 23 be watching without Viewing ?  I just presumed the system is 'broken' once again Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Although it seems unlikely I reckon it's possible.... when you do a search there is a button to press Watch without having to open up the listing.  You can specify in your settings what options are displayed in your search results.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

I checked a listing of mine yesterday and it had 8 Views and 23 Watching !!

Really - can 23 be watching without Viewing ?  I just presumed the system is 'broken' once again Smiley LOL

You can now,(I checking your listings and some have Watch on them which takes it straight to my watch list

without having to view the item),shok.gif

Watch.PNG

I do type slowly,blush-1.gif

But it only shows on some listings.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply