A buyer saying his parcel didn't turn up despite showing delivered

bmanly3
Community Member

Hi, last month I got a sale and was delivered to the address shown on ebay. Today the buyer said he had it addressed to his friend as a present and did not receive it. Tracking says delivered. The buyer gave me positive feedback already saying that when he saw on tracking that it was delivered he gave it to me. Now he is asking if I have proof of who signed for it. It is getting to that 30 day limit and I feel as though this could be a scam. Does Aust Post even show a signature if I contact them?

What should I do now? How can I protect myself?

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: A buyer saying his parcel didn't turn up despite showing delivered

All the - what ifs  - the whatevers - do not deny the fact - Aust Post - has stated ' Delivered to the Addressee '.

Not - unclear - the postie stated - delivered to the addressee - nothing states the postie did NOT ask for ID.

So perhaps he/she did.

Muddy waters.

The FACT - the item has been tracked & delivered - is really all eBay care about.

And - for heavens sake - the buyer - didn't get it - then got it - then put in an INAD.

Message 31 of 47
Latest reply

Definitely not eBay's problem any more, that's why I said the buyer should have tried to clarify the problem with AusPost.

The OP sent the item, it was delivered, so not really his problem or eBay's problem any more.

PS: I have never been asked for an ID, not even for SOD, let alone for normal parcels, not at home.

Message 32 of 47
Latest reply

OP - just decline the return request. The item has been delivered, and a return request is not for INR anyway. As the buyer has already given you positive feedback, as you say in your first post, you have nothing to fear, as eBay won't do anything against you. 

Message 33 of 47
Latest reply

Not necessarily.

AP claim delivered, so that is what the buyer is banking on. They cannot return the item, as they allegedly don't have it, but they can return something.

If they are that savvy, they could well have form in this area.

Manly - I would discuss the issue with CS. Point out that the buyer claims to have not received the item, therefore their opening of a return request is demonstrably dishonest.

Message 34 of 47
Latest reply

PS : - I am asked every month for ID - and Sig.

At home - usual delivery - always.

Everytime. 

Message 35 of 47
Latest reply

All been discussed previously.

Message 36 of 47
Latest reply

Aust Post - really is only as good as the individual makes it - and there are a few here in my area - bucking it.

Take for instance - true story - item delivered signed for - but at least was left.

Took a trip to the PO - hello - what are the current Covid rules on - signed for delivery - told - contact at the door - no personal  contact - deliverer signs - all good.

OK - so how come - I have a receipt from the hairdresser - getting a cut - time shown - while your bloke signs my thingy.

They locally have upped their game.

Message 37 of 47
Latest reply

eBay takes me to the most recent reply. I scroll up to the top of the sub-thread and go from there.

I realise that my having a job means that my responses are not necessarily real-time, but that is what happens when one has a job.

Message 38 of 47
Latest reply

In this instance I would get on the chat with a CS rep. Tell them the buyer has been communicating with you that the item has not turned up, even though tracking confirms as delivered. Also explain that the buyer has now opened a return request for an item he claims was not received, which makes no sense and that you believe that his actions are unethical. Tell the rep to read the messages between you.

Message 39 of 47
Latest reply

Don't do anything. Tell the buyer item was delivered and leave it at that. If buyer then initiates INR they will lose. If buyer leaves negative, it will be removed by Ebay. Speaking from experience.....this is a scam and the buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on. 

Message 40 of 47
Latest reply