A buyer who has not paid for a winning bid now wished to cancel transaction I have agreed to cancel

A winning bidder after placing ten bids on an item has decided to cancel  I have agrred to this the item was not paid for

After agreeing to cancel I have been informed by ebay to wait ten days for this buyer to confirm cancellation which will ensure that I will the second chance bidder no longer wanting this item as she needed it in a hurry why should I have to wait when irresponsible bidders  do not honour their contract

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A buyer who has not paid for a winning bid now wished to cancel transaction I have agreed to cancel

Because you offered the buyer a cancellation. If they agree within the 10 days then as soon as they do the item is free from encumbrance.

Site map.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You're right. The bidder has the potential to mess you around for days with this.

In all likelihood, even if you could send out a  second chance offer today, that other bidder has mentally moved on and has probably already bid on something else, so you've probably lost that.

Plus-if I were that bidder, I would be peeved anyway if you told me the winning bidder had changed their mind. You say the winner put 10 bids on it. Well, that drove the price up. If their top bid wasn't genuine, then some of their other bids probably weren't either.

The moral of the story for me is if I had some bidder come in and put 10 bids on an item, Yes, 10!! Then I would not offer them a cancellation at all. I would let an unpaid item dispute run its course and give them a strike.

So what if it takes 8 days, you might even end up better off than you would with the cancellation.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Yes I should have taken that course but I was being nice to the buyer I should have known ebay would have stuff it up some way for me I am beginning to agree with the facebook page - ebay sucks no justice for sellers. Thanks for taking the time to answer

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Why should I have to wait ten days if it is the buyer who wants to cancel? Just another stupid policy from ebay against sellers
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You won't have to wait ten days IF the buyer responds to the cancellation request, in this event as soon as they agree the cancellation is finalised and you can relist, or make a SCO.  Try emailing them and letting them know they need to do that.  If they don't respond THEN it will close automatically in ten days.

If I agree to a cancellation I always send the buyer a message to say that I will request the cancellation and they will receive a message from eBay to which they will need to reply to say they agree to cancel, this way there are no penalties to either buyer or seller.  I find if they think there might be a penalty involved they are more likely to respond.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply