A member has fasley accused me of selling fake products and made defamatory accusations by email.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A member has fasley accused me of selling fake products and made defamatory accusations by email.

Could you be a little more specific. What is the problem ?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Oh god... please please please... PLEASE let it be a Versace handbag recently sold to a woman from Lithuania.... PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ahhh drats, it's the wrong seller...  Smiley Sad

On a serious note...

OP, welcome to the ebay discussion boards, sorry it is under such distressing circumstances for you. 

Please forgive my humour, as I'm sure you're not feeling much like laughing atm. It's an inside joke between most of us here that I posted to help us pass the time by trying to fill the gaps before you hopefully return and provide us with a bit more information.

We need to know the details of what's transpired between yourself and the buyer that's lead you here,.so that we can better understand just whats happened and hopefully be able to offer you some helpful advice.

I see that you sell preowned fashion wear, so I'm guessing the buyer is accusing you of selling fake designer labelled clothing/accessories. I also see that you haven't received a negative from a buyer recently, or in the last 12 months. So perhaps the buyer in question hasn't yet left feedback ?? I also see you are only a relatively new seller, so this must be especially upsetting for you.

You've come to the right place for advice, as there are some very knowledgeable & helpful sellers here that also trade in fashion wear & who I'm sure will be only too willing to offer you some very sound advice.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

First off it isn't defamatory unless the email can be read by other people. Secondly the onus is on the buyer to prove it is not authentic as far as Paypal are concerned however you would need to counter that with proof it was not fake. Have you got a retail receipt?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Methinks it's looking ike another OP that believes they messaged eBay.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply