A whole new level of buyer stupidity...

OK - to set the story up: I collect vintage car number plates (amongst other things!), specifically Victorian ones between 1953 and 1977. As with most collectibles, someone will put up a batch of ten items, which I purchase in order to get the one item I actually need. The rest of the batch go straight back up on Ebay...

Perfectly legal to collect, buy, sell, and trade these, by the way (subject to a few simple conditions, which are no hassle).

So, a guy bought one (yay!!). I was just about to write the address on the package when I noticed he'd left me a note. I clicked on it, and couldn't believe what I read.

This is the plate he bought:

QRQ.jpg

The note said that he wanted the plate to read AJW-384 instead... Seriously.

Now, I'm not sure if the guy is just genuinely dumb and has mis-read the ad thinking that I offer a service reproducing number plates to order (I don't - it's highly illegal), or if he's a shonk trying to save money in replacing a damaged plate by buying a second-hand one rather than get a replacement from VicRoads (again, illegal).

Zero feedback buyer who became a member the same day he bought the plate. Surprise, surprise...

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: A whole new level of buyer stupidity...

Don't worry I've used all of mine in the same thread also mmmmmmmmmmmm (not in this thread) mmmmmm.

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Dam you crow I told you not to give us away,and I thought that you left ebay due to security issues? mmmmmmmmmmm

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

I didn't give it away you did lol,yes I thought I wasn't going to be back but after the security issue was resolved I said what the heck there's no place like home ebay mmmmmmmmmmmm Woman Wink

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply