AARGh AP delays an defects..

Just received a "where is my item request" & of course related defect. Just checked tracking for all items sent via click and send on that day. All of them are showing as late. First one arrived on friday 10 days late, same city. the rest are not showing any activity yet, (street lodged). Obviously a problem in an AP collection system before first scan.

Does this mean I am potentially up for a defect for each and every shipment made on that day even though its obviously an AP delay?? Anything I can do?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Now it is delivered on monday after receiveing the defect on sunday night

Seny emails to all other buyers as a heads upp their items will be late in the hope they don't do likewise.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

good idea to contact the other buyers. i would also be contacting ebay explaining the situation to them. They should remove the defect when it is clearly AP's fault. Here's hoping anyway.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

Wow you get a defect for a buyer emailing you a "where is my item" request?

So assuming you send within the alocated handling time, and you use an approved shipping method such as Australia Post, you are entirely in their hands and cannot control it.

Giving sellers a defect for Australia Posts errors or delays is  I N S A N E.

The entire tone of the defect system is disguting IMHO. Honest and reliable performers who ARE eBay and generate  income for eBay are treated to a system that only is negative. Defects! What about "credits" or "merits" or something for being a long-term honest and successful seller? The tone is only negative. We will all get "defects" sooner of later. A system where by you can only be "wrong" or a "bad seller" is no way to treat good reliable long-term sellers. Its almost an essay into "how to punish and alienate your seller base and make them hate your company". Unbelievable.

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

When a buyer goes to give feedback there is now a question from ebay asking if the item arrived within a specific time frame and the buyer can either tick yes or no.

If the buyer ticks no then wham seller gets a defect.

Sellers get evaluated every month well I do anyway and so far I have received 17 defects this month and it's going up every day.

4.84% defect so far so by the end of the month it will be goodbye to me.

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

When a buyer goes to give feedback there is now a question from ebay asking if the item arrived within a specific time frame and the buyer can either tick yes or no.

If the buyer ticks no then wham seller gets a defect.

Sellers get evaluated every month well I do anyway and so far I have received 17 defects this month and it's going up every day.

4.84% defect so far so by the end of the month it will be goodbye to me.

What do you mean ? 

Can you screen shot this screen when it appears ?  I am intrigued.

On my buying ID I left dozens of feedback for sellers over weekend and was given to option to tick yes or no bout anything?

How unusual.  Given there is a post time DSR that buyers can rate.

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

This question has only appeared when I have left feedback after the estimated arrival date,it doesn't appear if you leave feedback within the delivery time frame.

I will see if I can get a copy of it when I get the chance again.

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

??? unusual

Mmmm, I did leave feedback for items that were received long after the estimated time frames - as some sellers were late to post, AP times have been all over the place lately and eBays estimates are a sad joke.

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

Maybe the sellers I have bought off are under some kind of scrutiny from ebay thus myself being asked to answer this question?

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

Wonder if it relates to whether sellers uploaded tracking or not ?

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply