AARGh AP delays an defects..

Just received a "where is my item request" & of course related defect. Just checked tracking for all items sent via click and send on that day. All of them are showing as late. First one arrived on friday 10 days late, same city. the rest are not showing any activity yet, (street lodged). Obviously a problem in an AP collection system before first scan.

Does this mean I am potentially up for a defect for each and every shipment made on that day even though its obviously an AP delay?? Anything I can do?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: AARGh AP delays an defects..

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Thanks Stawks......looks like the Contractor was breaching the terms of his contract.....too bad AP did not take notice of the complaints.

There is a clause in the Contract that states that AP has to agree to Contractors using other workers. (AP has to vet them and agree to them as though AP is paying them direct.   Too bad AP did not follow the rules.)

But that does not mean that the workers were stealing to supplement their income.

After the recent new has come to light about Aus. Post dodgy contractors etc... It does beg the question are they also being dodgy with our goods? Our local PO's closed after losing the parcel/letter delivery contract to a company in Laverton and I'm in Gippsland. When a local business can't compete with a business over 100km away, it makes you wonder what corners are being cut along the way. Once you take out the petrol and wear and tear your vehicle sustains, the $1 something per delivery soon doesn't seem to leave much over especially with the distances needed to be covered and low amount of customers to deliver to in a rural area

Message 51 of 52
Latest reply

Re: AARGh AP delays an defects..

Oh come off it......ONE dodg contractor has been exposed.    AP has thousands of contractors in Sydney alone.  Goodness only knows how many there are Australia wide.

A post office is not closed down just to give the mail delivery contact to an outside company.  The PO was obviously not cost effective so AP would call for tenders for deliveries in that area.  The tender company would not be paid $1.35 per delivery....they would tender a lump sum amount to deliver in the area for a certain amount of time.  If there was not many deliveries one week it would probably even out with a busy week the next week.

BTW, not all contractors are paid per item....some of them are paid by the hour.  And long distances are not just in the country....there are contracors in Sydney who pick up from a depot in the suburbs of Sydney and travel to the Central Coast every day.

Message 52 of 52
Latest reply