AARGh AP delays an defects..

Just received a "where is my item request" & of course related defect. Just checked tracking for all items sent via click and send on that day. All of them are showing as late. First one arrived on friday 10 days late, same city. the rest are not showing any activity yet, (street lodged). Obviously a problem in an AP collection system before first scan.

Does this mean I am potentially up for a defect for each and every shipment made on that day even though its obviously an AP delay?? Anything I can do?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Hopefully if they just sent a message & not INR claim, they will be happy if you send a replacement asap.  I also send most orders large letter and accept that on the odd occasion things 'might' go missing.  If it's only one in 200, don't stress over it ๐Ÿ™‚

In such situations (fortunately I've only had a handful) I send the buyer a photo of my original receipt with a note, explaining I am including the photo just for their peace of mind, (shows that you are honest & their order was in fact posted), I ask them to check with neighbours & also at their local PO (as I use padded envelopes - in case it didn't fit in their letter box) and I confirm that if it still remains 'lost in transit' I will replace.  It is amazing how often the item turns up the next day !!  That said, there are genuine cases I'm sure.

I do all my own postage labels & do a second copy in list form which I take to the PO - they stamp each address on the list and attach it to my receipt, so I have proof of postage and that is what I send a copy of to my customer (with other buyers names & street addresses blanked out of course).  I have been told by paypal this is sufficient proof for them, but depending who you listen to, some say it isn't good enough for ebay as you must have proof of delivery, but at least I have the proof of posting to send to customers, so I sleep a bit easier knowing I can prove my honesty ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this is some help & hope you don't get a defect

Message 41 of 52
Latest reply

Crow said:

This question has only appeared when I have left feedback after the estimated arrival date,it doesn't appear if you leave feedback within the delivery time frame.

---------------------

Just thought I would mention I got this question today when I was leaving feedback for one of my purchases. It asked if my item arrived on or before 16th July.

I clearly remember being flabbergasted they asked because ebay gave an estimated delivery date of from Friday 10 July-16th July  for my item and here I was, giving positive feedback & 5 stars for postage time etc on Thursday 9th July.

Honestly, does the left hand know what the right is doing in ebay?

Message 42 of 52
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Crow said:

This question has only appeared when I have left feedback after the estimated arrival date,it doesn't appear if you leave feedback within the delivery time frame.

---------------------

Just thought I would mention I got this question today when I was leaving feedback for one of my purchases. It asked if my item arrived on or before 16th July.

I clearly remember being flabbergasted they asked because ebay gave an estimated delivery date of from Friday 10 July-16th July  for my item and here I was, giving positive feedback & 5 stars for postage time etc on Thursday 9th July.

Honestly, does the left hand know what the right is doing in ebay?

I don't think so Smiley LOL

Message 43 of 52
Latest reply

That should totally be automated if you're giving feedback within the estimated delivery time - the question shouldn't even be asked.

Maybe ebay is surveying customers' perception of how quickly their item was delivered?  Would love to see those stats, revealing the average number of buyers who are complete t*****s

Message 44 of 52
Latest reply

Just left feedback for an item that arrived in record fast time - I paid late afternoon 6 July, seller posted 7 July and I received the item first thing this morning - Melbourne to Darwin.  

When I left feedback, this is what was there:

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 11.17.26.png

so there is obviously no connection between the "did the item arrive...." message and the actual date feedback is left.

Message 45 of 52
Latest reply

so there is obviously no connection between the "did the item arrive...." message and the actual date feedback is left.

I totally understand what everyone is saying here and I'm possibly missing the point , so not intending this comment to be in any way inflammatory - but assuming the system has added that delivery detail in Feedback for certain sellers (as a trial or whatever), then the information would appear whenever you go to leave Feedback - so my point is - it does seem ridiculous because you are leaving Feedback immediately (good little ebayers Smiley Happy), but if you delayed leaving feedback then it wouldn't look so odd.

Probably way too technical for the system to take into account what date feedback is being left, lol

Just a thought & as mentioned on another post, if feedback is left later down the track, who's likely to remember when it arrived anyway, and even worse - will the buyer care what they put  ?!

PS  I also noted the glitch that has been mentioned somewhere - paid afternoon 6 July and ebay states paid 7 July Smiley Frustrated

Message 46 of 52
Latest reply

Makes me wonder with the recent news about dodgy eductors being used as a back door entry to Australia for visa holders, then being used as ultra low contractors to undercut existing and now closed PO's workers. If these low paid contractors may be supplementing their low incomes with some untracked parcels?

Message 47 of 52
Latest reply

@misterforgetfulsbooks wrote:

Makes me wonder with the recent news about dodgy eductors being used as a back door entry to Australia for visa holders, then being used as ultra low contractors to undercut existing and now closed PO's workers. If these low paid contractors may be supplementing their low incomes with some untracked parcels?

Please explain??

What low paid contractors?

If you mean the AP parcel delivery contractors they may not be the highest paid workers but they are not paid so poorly that they need to supplement their incomes by stealing.

Also it means instant dismissal if they are caught.

Message 48 of 52
Latest reply

pssst Lyndal

Spoiler
Message 49 of 52
Latest reply

Thanks Stawks......looks like the Contractor was breaching the terms of his contract.....too bad AP did not take notice of the complaints.

There is a clause in the Contract that states that AP has to agree to Contractors using other workers. (AP has to vet them and agree to them as though AP is paying them direct.   Too bad AP did not follow the rules.)

But that does not mean that the workers were stealing to supplement their income.

Message 50 of 52
Latest reply