AP lose the same item TWICE!

ok, i posted an item to NSW on the 22nd of april and the buyer opened an item not recieved case as it wasnt delivered.

i checked the tracking and could see the item had reached his area and then been redirected back to a town near me!

so first i went to my local PO and got nowhere, then i drove to the town where tracking said my parcel was, went into the PO there and still got nowhere!

so came home and rang the number i was given by my local PO

got a lovely lady who was australian (how is that possible?)

she took my details and the tracking number and sure enough it had been redirected and she could not say why.

she contacted the 'depot' where it was supposedly 'waiting' and yes they had it and yes it was where it wasnt supposed to be and yes they would 'sort it out' and everything would be dandy.

except now my buyer tell me it still hasnt turned up, even though tracking now says 'delivered' to his suburb.

ding dang diggly dong!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

maybe the depot is in his suburb??

Contact AP in writing via their website or put it up on Facebook (apparently they are quick to fix)
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

My eldest son works in AP call centre in Brisbane ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

i have submitted a complaint via the website and will call them again on monday.

the buyer cancelled his item not recieved last week after australia post promised it was sorted.

can he lodge a second one now its showing delivered?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

He could try to lodge through paypal but it is debatable if he would win when the tracking is showing as delivered.

However, if you show the tracking in the dispute paypal will not take the money from you as you have protection.

If paypal does believe the buyer they may pay the refund themselves.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@foxette-in-sox wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

My eldest son works in AP call centre in Brisbane ๐Ÿ™‚

What a coincidence.

My eldest son also works in the very same call centre.

Perhaps they know each other.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

still in post delivery limbo

the item was supposedly delivered but my customer say not.

a further investigation was begun on monday 13th

got an email from australia post today saying they needed me to contact them to give more information, but when i called the call centre guy didnt know what extra info they wanted.

he had no new news on the investigation either.

only added 'give it 3 more days, if you dont hear anything call us'

my first 2 calls were great got people who seemed to know what they were doing, today the guy was drowning in 'maybes, ors, ands, dont knows'

i guess they cant all be good at their jobs.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

it gets interesting, now i have recieved an email from AP from Sydney 

it gives me a tracking number and nothing else except "From: RETURN ONLY, NOT FOR SALE"

checking the tracking on it

began in sydney

then chullora

then melbourne

could this be my parcel being returned to sender?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

probably (sigh)
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

it gets interesting, now i have recieved an email from AP from Sydney 

it gives me a tracking number and nothing else except "From: RETURN ONLY, NOT FOR SALE"

checking the tracking on it

began in sydney

then chullora

then melbourne

could this be my parcel being returned to sender?

Not sure because when I had one bouce back the tracking said "undeliverable, returning to sender". Even though the buyers address was correct, it wasn't coming up in the system, so would get the PO and then automatically get sent back. When it happened the second time I sent a message to the buyer to get to the PO quick smart before it got sent back again. She got it.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply