AU August 15 percent off for non Plus members and 17 percent off for Plus members - all inventory is

AU August 15 percent off for non Plus members and 17 percent off for Plus members - all inventory is due to Expire by 19/07/2021

I have been trying to respond to this offer but cannot do so any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: AU August 15 percent off for non Plus members and 17 percent off for Plus members - all inventor

If you have to pay 14 percent yourself, then selling fvf on top means it really costs a seller near  30%, so figured it is not a good offer at all

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: AU August 15 percent off for non Plus members and 17 percent off for Plus members - all inventor

I feel like this would be an accounting headache for me, though eBay don't make it 100% clear how it works for sellers on managed payments (you have to sign up, then get the contract for that).

For non-MP sellers, the buyer pays the discounted amount, the seller receives the full amount, and then owes eBay the discount. This suggests that you pay FVF on the full price, not the discounted price, as well as fund the majority of the discount, which is bad enough (IMO), since if you run your own sale, you only pay FVF on the price the buyer pays.

But further to that... what of GST obligations, for sellers that have them?  I have a habit of overthinking things when the answer is simple so if anyone can put this is proper context etc I'd be very grateful, but since that technically means two separate parties have paid differing amounts for the goods, what is the GST payable (by the seller) on the order, what do you put on the tax invoice for the buyer when you receive the full amount for the goods, but they pay a discounted amount, and you later [technically] pay the discount as an extra fee rather than a partial refund of item price? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

i wouldn't bother as you the SELLER when you join up u have to PAY 14% of the DISCOUNT

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

For the last say?? 8 months? I've been offered these style of promotions every month. Whist they are quite good for boosting feedback, ratings and ranking in listing if your profit margin is minimal. I don't recommend it. You'd lose money and work 3x as harder.

I have a personal contact regarding those promotions at ebay, I said if they offered 7-5% I'd regularly take them up on it. But they said sorry we can't at this stage. I know some of the big retailers negotiate better terms.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Agreed.  I have never enrolled in these offers.  I've never paid to promote listings, even when ebay reps called to hassle me.  They tried hard, even offering to give me free promotions credit and manage it on their end.  I said sure, noticed no impact whatsoever and carried on per normal.  I find good customer service, sharp price, great range and quality listings are far more useful than a race to the bottom discount fest

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Those special promos do increase sales trust me but at what cost is is worth it paying those fees and working 3x as hard

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply