AUSTRALIA POST PRICE RISE AGAIN!

Well i thought that in the light of the massive fuel price drop rececently that Australia Post would not increase postage costs BUT according to the media they're doing it hard due to  rising costs !  What aload of  BULLTISH  i bet the spin doctors at aus post are hard at work dreaming up excuses to justify  their twice a year price hike  The Winners ; Australia Post & Ebay FVF on Postage

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: AUSTRALIA POST PRICE RISE AGAIN!

Thanks for that link, should have put the no increase in 70c letter rate in red.

Haven't looked at the others, as I don't use many parcels. But 45c for your own packaging seems a rip off.

Don't know where that bit is.

Don't think that would apply to letter rate, as lots of greeting cards are bought in other shops.

AP are probably getting less money, as sales have dropped off that much, not so many parcels going through.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

You're not the only one. Check out the following tracking number:

Tracking number 63313712559063 is another example of the sensational lengths Australia Post are going to, attempting to deliver our parcels. I have 19 others in similar situations.

The above example was posted on Jan 19 from 3711 to 2148. Customer contacts us on 27 Jan about non-delivery. I raise the "problem" with 13POST and ask that they contact Chullora in NSW, Sunshine West and Seymour in Vic and deliver it to my customer.

On the 27th Jan I simply gave up and requested Australia Post return this parcel back to me because I already sent out a replacement parcel via Express Post to keep my customer happy.He received the Express replacement the next day. I'm still waiting for the return.

We have currently got many similar situations with parcels still going the same way (yo-yoing back and forth) and the list is growing day by day. To cater for their ineptitude we are sending replacement parcels virtually daily via Express Post and demanding Australia Post return the original parcels back to us.

It aint working and now we've got some $1500+ tied up in duplicate deliveries because either AP did not deliver in the first place within their own specified delivery frames plus the extra 3 business days they specify before they action any "non-delivered" parcel query.

This has to stop!

Defects for late delivery are only part of our problem. Getting parcels actually delivered and making AP aware and actually acting upon their problems is the issue.

Some time mid Jan 2015 something changed at some of Australia Post's distribution / sorting centres in Vic and NSW. Whether they installed new equipment or new software, who knows? Something significant changed and I remember reading recently on one of these boards that there are big AP backlogs.

Perhaps that's what happens when you have millions of parcels going between delivery & distribution centres over and over again rather than being delivered to the recipients.

AP call centre staff just don't comprehend that this is an ongoing and recurring issue, they appear to be totally unaware that parcels are bouncing back and forth between VIC and NSW and inside Vic.

If anyone has some high level AP contact details, please advise as this is a continuing nightmare for us.
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

I'm not having those issues (that I know of), but it's been taking on average 3 weeks to get items from central west NSW to Victoria. It's been like that since November. Prior to that, it would take a week at the absolute most (including for remote rural areas). Most of my stuff goes as large letter, so it's untracked. I guess it's possible they are being yo-yo'd back and forth.

If this is an ongoing thing for you, would it be worth going to the media if AP are brushing you off?

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Central NSW seems to be a real problem, things from Melbourne seem to take ages to get there.

Even to businesses in the middle of major country towns.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

The problem is that if items are untracked, it's impossible to see what's been happening within the AP network in the background.

3 weeks from central west NSW to Vic however, in my opinion, is way over the top. You wouldn't know if there was any bouncing back and forth between AP handling centres in NSW and Vic because you can't see any events.

All our items go out SOD with insurance simply because we sell relatively expensive stuff. Most of our items are costly to replace so if they get lost in the first instance then that's an AP insurance claim issue. Fortunately they are few and far between.

However because of the new defect system we're doing our utmost to keep our customers happy by sending out duplicates when one of these bouncing parcels is evident in AP's logs. We allow the AP online estimated delivery date plus 3 days before we resend a new Express Post parcel.

I agree that going to the media may in fact "stir the possum", but what I'm trying to highlight is that we are experiencing multiple issues regarding items yo-yoing between Vic and NSW and within Vic itself.

If it was just one case, then OK, AP have misdirected the shipment and it will hopefully get back on track shortly. But no, it's many cases and I'd really like to know if anyone else is experiencing similar.

I'm trying to ascertain if there are any other sellers that are watching tracked items and seeing the same or similar patterns. Until last month we never needed to bother checking on any of our tracking unless there was a query (maybe1 in 200 items), but now I'm having to do it daily as the "non-delivered" or "held up/bouncing" parcel list just keeps growing and growing.

aunty_vera_scrap_and_craft has showed in the above post that an item got stuck in Chullora NSW and until an enquiry was raised, that parcel just stagnated there.

Chullora to me appears to be the main culprit in NSW.
Sunshine West and Seymour are the problem centres in Vic.

Without others being able to report that the same sort of thing is happening with them, we're sort of stuck up creek without a paddle.

If anyone out there has checked and seen similar "bouncing issues" please let me know as I can then at least build a case to try and sort things out hopefully for all sellers.
Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

In 2014 I had 13 'untracked' items go missing between SA & QLD (after a 'new' sorting centre was opened)...am now trembling at the thought of a new 'sorting centre' being opened in Vic.....time will tell
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

I wonder if ebay are getting involved in asking AP what problems they are facing instead of just bringing out stupid policies that affect sellers when others are causing the issues.

They are quick to take a percentage of the postage, and punish the seller because others stuff up.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

meantime I can buy a 3kg book from the UK cheaper than it would cost me to post it within my own country - go figure.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

@misterforgetfulsbooks wrote:

posting boxes and letters will jump by up to 9.6%

If you use your own packaging, you'll be charged and extra 45c

5kg satchels up an extra 55cSmiley Mad

Parcels under 500g will be $7.45 if you use your own packaging, not an EXTRA 45c.  They're currently 7.20.

I didn't check larger parcels. 

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply