Aaaagh Mobile Phone Selling

sueg57
Community Member

Hi All.. I have a problem in that my mobile phone died in warranty and I really needed another one for work.. so paid heaps to upgrade while still in my contract... My 12 month old phone was sent away for repairs and they sent me a Manufacturer Refurbished model back which is now out of contract and fully paid ... so I don't need 2 phones so I thought I'd relist it and get some of my money back... I put it on at BIN with a Best Offer and had quite a few offers so chose carefully and picked 100% feedback etc... within half an hour of a guy putting in a best offer and me accepting it,  he sent me a message saying hey sorry bought another phone don't want it anymore...I didn't think you could do that?  So I agreed to cancel and relisted it... same again... quite a few offers and cos I wanted a speedy sale I went for a good feedback buyer etc.. now they're asking questions.. ummm don't you ask questions before you put an offer in?  So here I am .. haven't got a clue what they're doing... I asked them if they were going to go through with the transaction after being asked - Is it New - How old is it - etc etc... and their response is ... silence grrrr

I called Ebay and they said I have to use my discretion with mobile phone sales... but all I wanted to know is if you put in a best offer and it's accepted the deal is done isn't it?

I think I'm over it Smiley Frustrated 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Unfortunately you can't force the buyer to pay if they decide they don't want to.

Just open an unpaid item case with eBay and close it after 4 days to get your fees refunded.

Then add buyer to your blocked list.

I must have been lucky with the couple of phones I've sold on eBay in the past, each sale went off without a hitch.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is supposed to be a sale if you accept a best offer, but it is like everything else...the buyer can do as they please.

Just wait 4 days and open an Unpaid Item dispute.  After 4 more days you can close the dispute and give the buyer a strike and you will get your fees back.

Do not rely on a buyer's feedback to pick which offer you will accept.  Sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers so any member who is only a buyer will have 100% feedback.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks .. yes first on already added to blocked list... you were very lucky - I just think I might keep it now as a spare back up ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal... I will do just that.. I know I can't force a buyer to pay and I would never do that but I know that when I put in a best offer for something and it's accepted I pay straight away.. I don't even put in an offer unless I really want the item... so frustrating ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

If you do happen to sell the phone, make shure you root the phone first before passing it on.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks B&F it's a Manufacturer Refurbished phone they've sent back to me so as good as new ~ so I don't think I have to do anything with it... ??
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
If you do happen to sell the phone, make shure you root the phone first before passing it on.

Why is that?

I've sold a couple of phones and have never heard of having to do that before selling them.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:

Bake, the mind boggles at that one.....................................willy_nilly.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Hi Sue, 

if you decide to relist it again with BIN, select the immediate payment, that way buyers have to pay immediately or they can't buy it and it saves the stuffing around with UIDs. Not sure if you can still have "best offer" (someone may be able to confirm that). 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply