Aaaagh Mobile Phone Selling

sueg57
Community Member

Hi All.. I have a problem in that my mobile phone died in warranty and I really needed another one for work.. so paid heaps to upgrade while still in my contract... My 12 month old phone was sent away for repairs and they sent me a Manufacturer Refurbished model back which is now out of contract and fully paid ... so I don't need 2 phones so I thought I'd relist it and get some of my money back... I put it on at BIN with a Best Offer and had quite a few offers so chose carefully and picked 100% feedback etc... within half an hour of a guy putting in a best offer and me accepting it,  he sent me a message saying hey sorry bought another phone don't want it anymore...I didn't think you could do that?  So I agreed to cancel and relisted it... same again... quite a few offers and cos I wanted a speedy sale I went for a good feedback buyer etc.. now they're asking questions.. ummm don't you ask questions before you put an offer in?  So here I am .. haven't got a clue what they're doing... I asked them if they were going to go through with the transaction after being asked - Is it New - How old is it - etc etc... and their response is ... silence grrrr

I called Ebay and they said I have to use my discretion with mobile phone sales... but all I wanted to know is if you put in a best offer and it's accepted the deal is done isn't it?

I think I'm over it Smiley Frustrated 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Sorry, should of made my post a bit clearer (thanks Padi)

I meant with smart phone if you set it up you make up an email account that you can sync to other devices, and access the email change passwords and then get into other accounts, when i changed phones and first accessed my email on it, i got an alert that my email was been accessed by an unknown device.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks D'n'M .. I tried to find that when I just relisted it for the third time but I couldn't find it?? Yes update is ... 2nd buyer decided not to go ahead as it is a Manufacturer Refurbished phone ... well that's what I listed it as .. wish some people would read before they buy ๐Ÿ˜ž Maybe I'll get a happy ending - 3rd time lucky ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I thought the same thing padi but thought I'd better get my mind out of the gutter ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for the clarification bake - I'm still wiping coffee off my keyboard though.....................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

After thought: also if its not a smart phone and its a dumb phone and it can access internet, make shure you delete all history, bookmarks,ect ect, you would be amazed by what a good phone user can access with these available.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Hi Sue,

when you put the price in the BIN, just above next to the Choose Format/Price is an "add/edit" button, click on that, select Payment, and you should get a screen with the option to tick "immediate payment required"

Hope this helps.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply