Accessing and controlling eBay account from overseas

Hi, I just have a quick question if anyone can answer it. I am an Australian based in Melbourne and have an Australian eBay account. My GF lives in the Philippines and I am considering going over there for 3 - 6 months until we can figure out our partner visa etc.

My question is can I still operate (sell from) my Australian eBay account from the Philippines without running into any trouble? The idea is to set up some agreements with dropshippers who post product directly to customers, and then I can manage my Australian account (selling to Aussies) from the Philippines for 3 - 6 months to keep some money coming in until I get home again. Is this even possible? Or does eBay forbid using an Australian account when you are overseas? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Tony

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Accessing and controlling eBay account from overseas

I don't have any first-hand experience with this kind of scenario, but you can generally access and run an account from anywhere in the world - if you log into eBay from a different device / country etc, sometimes eBay can flag the account and ask you to verify that it's really you who is accessing it, so be prepared for that, but otherwise it should be "business" as normal (making sure to denote the actual item location etc if they're not shipping from Aus).  

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Accessing and controlling eBay account from overseas

Thanks Digital Ghost. I thought that may of been the case but just needed to double check in case something could go wrong. And yes, I would definitely be completely transparent with customers regarding where product is being shipped from etc.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually done this, even while travelling overseas, and any tips or potential pitfalls to be aware of etc.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply