Account Restricted Indefinetly From Selling

I went to list an item for sale on eBay today to discover that my account was restricted from selling due to being linked to another account that has been restricted. I have not sold an item on eBay since 2013 and only been making purchases. I have a 100% purchase record and the items I did sell back then I have a perfect record for as well.

No idea what that what the restriction was for, I contacted eBay via chat. Below is transcript:

02:04:07 UTC Ninad
Hello! I am Ninad from eBay Australia customer support, How may I help you?
02:04:12 UTC Ninad
Hello Wade , hope you are doing well!
02:04:27 UTC essendonbulldogs
hi, trying to see why my account is restricted
02:05:40 UTC Ninad
May I know do you got any notification for the account restriction?
02:05:53 UTC essendonbulldogs
no, nothing in my messages.
02:06:08 UTC essendonbulldogs
I have confirmed all my details, addresses etc, changed my password and added security as well
02:06:49 UTC Ninad
May I know what exact error you are getting while accessing your account ?
02:06:54 UTC essendonbulldogs
I registered to sell and got a welcome to selling message from ebay
02:07:40 UTC Ninad
I cannot see any issues on your account and you can start selling on eBay as you have confirmed the details.
02:07:41 UTC essendonbulldogs
Alert Your selling privileges have been restricted because our records show that your account is connected to an account that's already restricted or limited. For more information, please check your messages in My eBay.
02:07:46 UTC essendonbulldogs
this is what I get
02:07:57 UTC Ninad
In order to resolve this in the best possible manner, I would require to transfer your chat to our dedicated team. Shall I go ahead and transfer the chat?
02:08:37 UTC essendonbulldogs
my account has no connections and is an individual account
02:08:40 UTC essendonbulldogs
yes please
02:09:11 UTC Ninad
Thank you for confirming. Please be connected, while I am transferring this chat to our relevant team.
02:09:21 UTC Anup
Welcome to eBay Live Chat Support. My name is Anup and please allow me two minutes to read the chat transcript above or if you wish, you may elaborate the concern for me.
02:09:43 UTC Anup
Hello Wade . Hope you and your family is doing good.
02:09:54 UTC Anup
First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing eBay. I can see you have joined eBay since 2004 and we really appreciate loyal member on our platform. I will be more than happy to assist you.
02:10:13 UTC Anup
It's understandable that you're concerned regarding the restriction on the account , I would be too, so I’m glad you contacted us about it. I'll look into this for you and find a solution as quickly as possible.
02:10:16 UTC Anup
Would it be okay with you if I take 2-3 minutes to investigate the matter?
02:10:30 UTC essendonbulldogs
yes no problems
02:12:36 UTC Anup
Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience on this.
02:13:09 UTC Anup
Just to check the connectivity, I hope that we are still connected.
02:13:18 UTC essendonbulldogs
yes still connected
02:13:41 UTC Anup
I really value your valuable time but I'm sorry it is taking me more time than I initially anticipated. May I please take an additional two minutes of your time to look into this for you?
02:13:54 UTC essendonbulldogs
yes
02:15:25 UTC Anup
I have reviewed your account and found that it is linked to an account that is "hamzah31" . We look at a variety of information to determine a relationship between the accounts. For example, we investigate shared contact, financial, or computer information, and selling behaviors.
02:15:36 UTC Anup
May I please ask if you know the owner of this account?
02:15:49 UTC essendonbulldogs
no idea sorry, never seen that name before
02:18:02 UTC Anup
Thank you for the confirmation.
02:19:50 UTC essendonbulldogs
has someone hacked my account or is this just a safety measure by eBay?
02:22:07 UTC Anup
On further checking the details on your account, I am afraid to inform you that your account has been restricted because the pattern of activities we have witnessed present a risk to our eBay community.
02:23:47 UTC Anup
Could you let me know if you’re still online? I just want to make sure we haven't lost the connection.
02:24:00 UTC Anup
As I’m not getting a response from you, I’ll assume you’ve left the chat session. I’ll close the chat shortly.
02:24:03 UTC
chat ended by Anup

I had to step away from the computer to help with my kids. I got back and chat ended. So I contacted chat again to try and get further information. Below is the chat transcript:

02:29:40 UTC Deepanshu
Welcome to eBay live chat. My name is Deepanshu and I will be glad to help you today.
02:30:29 UTC Deepanshu
Hi Wade, hope you and your family doing well!
02:30:36 UTC essendonbulldogs
was chatting with someone previously about why my account is restricted from selling
02:31:21 UTC Deepanshu
Upon checking your account details, I can see that one of my colleague has already given you a final decision which is irreversible and cannot be changed.
02:31:24 UTC Deepanshu
We have determined that it is in our mutual best interest to part ways. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.
02:31:51 UTC essendonbulldogs
can I ask why? I haven't sold anything on eBay since like 2013. What have I done wrong?
02:32:02 UTC essendonbulldogs
I don't understand
02:32:16 UTC Deepanshu
Building a trusted marketplace is our first priority. As such, we suspend any account that poses a risk to that trust. Your account has been suspended because the pattern of activities we have witnessed present a risk to our eBay community.
02:32:32 UTC Deepanshu
And I recommend you to take a look into different selling platform and take with you the things you’ve learned from selling on eBay.
02:32:36 UTC essendonbulldogs
what pattern? I don't sell anything on eBay
02:32:56 UTC Deepanshu
I can understand that you may wish to know the exact reason behind our action in this matter. Although, considering the fact sharing such information may cause in manipulating our policy; we may not be able to share this information.
02:32:59 UTC essendonbulldogs
all previous sales 10 plus years ago were all 5 stars
02:34:08 UTC essendonbulldogs
I have a perfect selling recond on ebay for when I have sold. I have a perfect purchase record on ebay. What pattern?
02:34:17 UTC Deepanshu
While we understand that you may not agree with our decision not to grant your appeal, please understand that this decision is final and will not be reversed.
02:35:01 UTC essendonbulldogs
um, when did I appeal? I only just found out my account what restricted and contacted customer support to enquire why? How can I appeal if I don't know?
02:35:42 UTC Deepanshu
Wade please note that this restriction is permanent. You will not be able to participate in any selling activities on eBay but you can continue to buy on the website.
02:37:06 UTC essendonbulldogs
you are not answering me and saying the same thing. I understand you have decided to restrict. I want to know why? The only activity on my account this past 10 years has been purchases
02:37:41 UTC essendonbulldogs
Please escalate my request to someone that I can talk with besides reading lines back to me
02:38:37 UTC Deepanshu
Wade as I have stated above multiple times this decision is final and will not be reversed and no escalation or appeal is possible in this acse.
02:39:46 UTC essendonbulldogs
This isn't fair. I haven't done anything and you won't tell me what it is you think I have done to warrant this restriction
02:40:44 UTC Deepanshu
Like I said we don't provide specific information as this information are proprietary in nature. It helps us keep our eBay community safe and secure. We don't want our policy to be circumvented on how we detect risk.
02:40:56 UTC essendonbulldogs
reading through eBay policy, I haven't done anything to justify this
02:41:23 UTC Deepanshu
Wade please be reminded that we indicated in our eBay user agreement that we can take action if we believe you are abusing eBay and/or our Services in any way in our sole discretion. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion as well.
02:41:38 UTC Deepanshu
The eBay user agreement is your contract with us and all members are required to read the content of it before using the site. This means that we are expecting that you are aware about it and we are free to implement the content of it on our registered members.
02:41:48 UTC Deepanshu
Here's the link of our eBay User Agreement: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259
02:42:30 UTC essendonbulldogs
Exactly, abusing ebay and/or our services in any way!!!! HOW?
02:42:48 UTC essendonbulldogs
all I have been doing is purchases yet you restrict me from selling? Makes no sense
02:42:48 UTC Deepanshu
I'm extremely sorry if this are not the answers that you are expecting but I believe that I already provided the necessary details to address this issue.
02:43:36 UTC essendonbulldogs
you are not extremely sorry, that is a line to try make me feel better. Its a job for you
02:43:56 UTC essendonbulldogs
You have not given me any answers
02:43:59 UTC Deepanshu
As I can see that you do not have any other concern other than this and I have shared all the informations possible from my end, I will have to end the chat now.
02:44:04 UTC Deepanshu
It was a pleasure chatting with you today. Please don't hesitate to contact eBay live help again in future, we're always here to help. You were talking with Deepanshu, be safe and have a great day ahead!
02:44:07 UTC
chat ended by Deepanshu

What can I do? I don't know what it is they think I have done. No one else in my family has an eBay account so doesn't use the same addresses etc. Seeking help to try and get some answers, hard to accept this with no reason or justification. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0