Account Suspended

beeso9
Community Member

Hi All,
I created a business account yesterday and after adding all the details and going through all verifications and creating my first listing, today I received a message that the account got Permanently Suspended.
There were no details except "due to activities that put our community at risk"
I have no idea what could be the reason and I've been trying to reach support, going around in circles between the auto assistant that advises to send an email.
I sent emails but they all come back with the same auto reply "Account Permanently suspended"
Can someone please advise what can be done to reach a real human and explain and resolve this issue ? 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Account Suspended

@domino-710 wrote:

I really meant not only other members of the household but any account associated with that IP address.

Meaning all accounts held by the suspended and others.

So not exactly sure what Chameleon is going on about - usually there is no discussion - the email is sent and no discussion held.

I have moved house a few times and have accounts that where established on different IP addresses and in different names for tax purposes. I had one account suspended for a week once before and the others still worked no problems.

In the case I have referenced on this thread, the new account was set up on a different IP address. I have purchased the house next door to where I live, as an investment and to use as an office and base to run my ebay business from. It has a separate IP address to my existing home.

I have had discussions with ebay help before and suspect the links that ebay have between accounts are not always accurate. As already explained, the new account was permanently suspended the moment I listed the first item. This was several days after establishing the new account so it was the first listing that triggered the problems. ( identical to OP ) 

After a couple of weeks arguing with ebay " help " I received a phone call from an Australian ebay rep. who fixed the problem. I gather it may not be a simple process and may require a technician to actually over ride the system, rather than just pressing a couple of pre programmed buttons. This may explain why it is rarely done.

The Aussie rep. operates from a mobile phone and direct email address.  I gather he is an account manager for larger corporate type clients and " general fix it man " in eBay Australia. With around $750 K in total ebay sales I suppose I may have just scraped in to get some help.

He phoned me back several months after our first encounter and offered to help with any other problems I might have in future. He is still an active employee in ebay Australia. Unfortunately I'm not able to pass on any contact details sorry.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your reply, It actually wasn't what I was selling, I will post a reply with the details ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

beeso9
Community Member

Thanks everyone for your replies and apologies for being late to get back to you.
The issue was not what I listed.
The issue was resolved when I finally managed to get a real human being from ebay support to listen to the issue and help resolve it (that took a lot of patience and frustrations) .
The issue was that I had a personal account (which I hadn't used for quite sometime)  and then I created a business account, both of which had the same contact name and phone number so the system automatically assumed I'm someone else who's trying to use the same details.
The support agent also mentioned that this could happen if someone is using a VPN and ebay detects that their IP Address is pointing to a Geolocation that's different from what their physical address is.

Hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in this situation and Thanks to everyone who replied. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

So that means you got parole? That's great news, and extremely rare! Very extremely! 

As for location, I'm in rural NSW. My ISP head office is in SA. My IP addresses (they are dynamic, not static) say that's where I am. So, my physical address is NSW, but IP address is SA.

Regardless, that's great news for you. Thanks for coming back with an update. Hopefully it helps others who find themselves in a similar situation.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@beeso9 wrote:

The issue was that I had a personal account (which I hadn't used for quite sometime)  and then I created a business account, both of which had the same contact name and phone number so the system automatically assumed I'm someone else who's trying to use the same details.

Thats interesting,  I have a few accounts , all with same contact name and number, never had a problem.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

It may be the discrepancy between personal and business accountโ€ฆ

Slightly off-topic, but OP may have been better off using the personal account; as all/most here are aware, business account cannot be changed to personal and there are benefits to selling with a personal eBay account lost when selling with a business account. Possibly OP was not aware that selling professionally doesnโ€™t demand a so-called business account on eBayโ€ฆ

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

So have I, but they are all personal accounts.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply