Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

This ebay account I created on eBay.com. Now I'm in Australia and want to start selling on eBay.com.au. Even though my ebay account is 10 yers old and has good reputation as a buyer I only got 10 items per month limit or 5000 US dollars. 

Even I change my account location to Australia, my account limit value still shows in US dollars. So I tried creating a new account in ebay.com.au. For that new account, I received 100 item limit and 500 Australian dollar limit. As I wanted higher item limit than dollar value, I prefer this new account.

After I list a few items in my new Australian Ebay account, one buyer bought an item from me. After within 05 min of the purchase, I received an email saying my account is suspended. The email I reived had no exact reason mentioned for the suspension. 

here is some part of that letter.

After reviewing your eBay account, we've noted several concerns with your recent activity. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

While suspended, you won't be able to use eBay. Registering a new account may hinder any option to appeal to your account. If you would like to appeal this action, we need to verify your account information and your eBay activity directly with you.

01) I wonder why the account suspended as soon as someone purchased. The buyer was a new account opened in 2018 with one review. Did eBay suspect I use my own account to make the purchase?

02) I have used some photos send by my Alibaba supplier. They gave permission for that. Is this against eBay policy?

03) Can I continue to sell in Australia from my old account which was created on eBay.com? Or should I create a new account in eBay.com,au.   The selling limit is very lower in my old account than they allow in new Australian accounts. Even my account shows limit in US dollars.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Account got suspended. Can someone advice me how to avoid this?

A lot of people start with a low price and as soon as they've sold a handful of items and got a selling history on that item they put the price up. The lower price quickly gets them some sales so they don't have to sell at that price for very long.
Message 31 of 47
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice:-)

Since I'm new, I'm still testing everything on eBay. Can you give me any advice if you have experience in shipping items on a regular 1$ post?

Does Australia Post strict about their 5mm thickness. Do they really measure that at the post office or do they just take eye measurements?

Message 32 of 47
Latest reply

The $1 postage is for letter post only.....and yes, they are quite strict about it.

Message 33 of 47
Latest reply

@prime.gadgets wrote:

Does Australia Post strict about their 5mm thickness. Do they really measure that at the post office or do they just take eye measurements?

To add to lyndal's comment, if you try putting the "letter" into the red PO box, then your buyer is likely to have to pay the extra postage and that will likely earn you a neg. If the buyer refuses to accept the "letter" then it will be returned to you and you will pay a penalty fee.

Edit.   https://auspost.com.au/sending/satchels-and-packaging/packaging-hints-tips

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 34 of 47
Latest reply

You need to get one of the Letter Gauge's they use. They also won't allow items that require effort to push through. 

Message 35 of 47
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

You need to get one of the Letter Gauge's they use. They also won't allow items that require effort to push through. 

@prime

which, for a product like the cleaning gel would be a real problem as it is like silly putty.  Put that in an envelope and as soon as there is resistance to passing through the slot you will end up with a ‘ball’ of gel at the end.
Message 36 of 47
Latest reply

The PO's are a bit loath to let people have those gauges, so the OP might have to shop around for one.

prime-gadjets, only one of your listings could go as a letter, the flexible case. the cleaner will be too thick and the shockproof case is rigid so can't go as a letter.

Edit. a bit slow today SLR.......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 37 of 47
Latest reply

I am at a loss as to why they do not sell them.

Message 38 of 47
Latest reply

I surmise it to be because they don't want people knowing what the limits are. That way they can charge them more when they post over the counter.

My ex-PO owner gave me a damaged one years ago.

It is not, however, that difficult to make your own. All you need is a bit of cardboard, a Stanley knife and a ruler.

Message 39 of 47
Latest reply

I have to remind myself not to try and help a customer when staff would show them a product to use that was not the cheapest method.

Message 40 of 47
Latest reply