Account restricted because it is apparently associated with another account???

We started selling again on ebay about a month ago, after not selling anything for almost 2 years.  This was using my husband's ebay account, not this one (hubby's ccount is franciscanfrolicker).  Last week we received an email from ebay saying that our account has been restricted because it is linked to another account, ilyes_8, of whom we have never heard.  We are in Australia, this other user (who has been deregestered by ebay) is in Algeria, and I could find no associatation whatsoever between anything we have bought or sold and this user.  On calling ebay and finally speaking to a supervisor, we had the restriction lifted.  Last week, I listed two items using my ebay account (this one), only to receive the exact same email from ebay this morning, restricting my account because of it's links to ilyes_8.  This time I had to send id to have the restriction lifted.  We have never heard of this person.  I've had my ebay account for maybe not quite two years, my husband's had his account for almost 8, we do share the same PayPal account, which has been in existence for 7 years however this cannot be the link with this other user as the email address used for the PayPal account is a bigpond.com account and this other guy is in Algeria.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I find this a little worrying, hoping this other user isn't trying to somehow use our ebay identities somehow?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Account restricted because it is apparently associated with another account???

When I looked at it earlier in the week it was a Hong Kong registered account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Account restricted because it is apparently associated with another account???

July they were registered in Macau (26 items).

And August the fourth in Hong Kong (9 items).

Which makes it a bit stupid for eBay to link it to the OP's Aussie account unless it was hijacked and their details

used in some way.shok.gif

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply