Account restricted because it is apparently associated with another account???

We started selling again on ebay about a month ago, after not selling anything for almost 2 years.  This was using my husband's ebay account, not this one (hubby's ccount is franciscanfrolicker).  Last week we received an email from ebay saying that our account has been restricted because it is linked to another account, ilyes_8, of whom we have never heard.  We are in Australia, this other user (who has been deregestered by ebay) is in Algeria, and I could find no associatation whatsoever between anything we have bought or sold and this user.  On calling ebay and finally speaking to a supervisor, we had the restriction lifted.  Last week, I listed two items using my ebay account (this one), only to receive the exact same email from ebay this morning, restricting my account because of it's links to ilyes_8.  This time I had to send id to have the restriction lifted.  We have never heard of this person.  I've had my ebay account for maybe not quite two years, my husband's had his account for almost 8, we do share the same PayPal account, which has been in existence for 7 years however this cannot be the link with this other user as the email address used for the PayPal account is a bigpond.com account and this other guy is in Algeria.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I find this a little worrying, hoping this other user isn't trying to somehow use our ebay identities somehow?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

i am in the same **bleep** as you are in right now, their help desk is not helping by keep asking me to contact them with this account which i never seen before
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

by the way, if this ever happen to you, don't expect ebay to show you any legitimate evidence, due to their "policy"

in fact, they are still giving me **bleep**, great job ebay

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Hi all, back in Early Aug19 i received an email telling me my account was suspened due to it being linked with another account Ksaren123 ( which i've never heard of!! )  i tired calling ebay to discuss this and they wouldnt hear a bar of it. I told them i havent sold anything in over 2 years. Infact the last time i tried to sell somthing on ebay , i experienced two buyers who were total scammers , sent my fake paypal payments. so it put me off completely from selling items on ebay.  I've tried to contact customer service online, and they feed me the same garbage on the person on the phone did regarding lifting my suspension. So i gave up.. now two months later im now receing a letter from a collection house saying that this Account ksaren123 has an amount due of $524.23   ( something i know nothing about) as Ebay wouldnt give me details of this other account, saying it belongs to me.  Can someone please help , im at my wits end now, dont know what to do.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

The responders here are members similar to you.

Given you've dragged up a SIX year old thread, have you read what has been written already?

If not, do so. If you have, you already know what the rest of us know.

A debt collector would have access to far more information than an eBay user name. Like, name, address, email, phone number. If those things are attached to the other account, you probably should be looking at going to the police as your identity has been stolen.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@maribatch-0 wrote:

now two months later im now receing a letter from a collection house saying that this Account ksaren123 has an amount due of $524.23   ( something i know nothing about) as Ebay wouldnt give me details of this other account, saying it belongs to me.  Can someone please help , im at my wits end now, dont know what to do.

The debt collection agency is obliged to verify the debt to you if you ask them to, meaning they have to prove via documentation that you accrued and now own the debt, which when we're talking about a debt created through an online profile that doesn't seek genuine proof of identity to create and sell on, proof you owe the debt is unlikley. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

That account was obviously hijacked as it was dormant due to you not using eBay (that account is now Not a

registered user).

Sounds like one of those scammers had a Trojan or Key logger in the fake Paypal Emails and then used your

details on another account that was selling fine but then went pear shaped in the last 6 months).

Which also means you will need to watch out for any spoof or phishing emails you may get, as a

precaution ,run all your spy ware and virus protection and change your passwords after the scans.

These were the last feedback comments received (their feedback was fine before that.

6 months.JPG

I have sent you a private message (it will appear in Messages which is above this thread next to your user ID

and Notifications).

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I can’t see the ID feedback page for the ID you have given.

Is it possible that someone hacked into that account and changed the UserID to the ID you have given? It would explain why you have never heard of the ID but have received communications from eBay and a debt collection agency about that ID.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

found it!

Does the ID shown below spark any memories?

1BF8E3B7-A219-444A-A60D-A5968E9F5FF2.jpeg

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

If the debt collectors have been sent in it is reasonable to expect that the account holder is no longer a registered user.

The debt collectors are the final step.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply