Account restricted

stury-32
Community Member
Hi, why does my account continually get restricted when selling the exact same item as others, even when using sell similar to create the listing. Any help would be appreciated as this is effecting business.
Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Account restricted

I learnt this the hardway when using brand names in listing titles for items that are used with that product as well. With the items I was selling I had to put "for" or "fits" before the brand name to allow the the listing to be compliant.

Check the help section to see if these words are suitable for what you are selling when it comes to compatible items.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

stury-32
Community Member
The listing had been up for a month prior without any issues and also no brand names in title. I feel like I am being either targeted or reported by other sellers but no idea how to rectify the issue. Cheers
Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

What kind of item is it?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

stury-32
Community Member
Wireless earphones
Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

@stury-32 wrote:
Hi, why does my account continually get restricted when selling the exact same item as others, even when using create sell similar to the listing. Any help would be appreciated as this is effecting business.

The highlighted text in your OP doesn't mean that you copy and sell the exact item as the similar listing.

You still need to put in your own images and description.

The only thing that can stay the same is the ebay recommended and additional applications.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

stury-32
Community Member
Yeah I change all description and add my own photos ofcourse I only tried using sell similar as I was getting restricted heaps when creating my own listing and I figured if there's can stay up then why shouldn't mine? Now after a month of the items being listed it all of a sudden gets taken down? I've asked ebay previously and have only been told that it's a violation but not why
Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

Is it getting pinged for keyword spamming - the listings I looked at contain "ipad iphone samsung" without even any context.

If your product is not branded as an Apple / iPhone etc or Samsung product, these should not be included, unless listed under compatibility in the item specifics. 

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

stury-32
Community Member
Yeah it wasn't stated in the email I received but I will look into that cheers
Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

Account restricted

You are selling fake Apple iPhone earpods, no wonder you keep getting restricted. It's not allowed on ebay. I suggest sell elsewhere or find another product.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-p...
Message 10 of 49
Latest reply