Adding facebook page to Ebay Listings

Tried to search for it throughout the forums but didn't find anything - also tried looking around to see if other people were doing it but either they're not, or I'm not seeing it.

Anyway, just wanted to ask people's opinions on whether it is OK to add a link to your facebook page within your EBay listings?

Any help appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Adding facebook page to Ebay Listings

Interaction with customers on social networking sites is huge. There's very good reasons why multi-million dollar corporations have FB profiles.

Yes, of course - so use Facebook to advertise your products. Ebay is not stopping you doing that. They even give you the tools to link buyers from here to FB (using the Like button).

Why would you want to link OFF eBay to another site in your listings? Doesn't make sense, unless you are trying to sell elsewhere to save on fees ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

They even give you the tools to link buyers from here to FB (using the Like button).

No they don't.

If someone presses "Like" on one of my listings (including me), it will post a link to the eBay listing on a Facebook profile. That's it. It doesn't link anything to Facebook, it links a profile to eBay. And that has always been able to be done.

The "Like" button is universal and doesn't link anyone to your official Facebook business page. It doesn't even let anyone know you have one.

Why would you? I know you have, and not to sell off eBay, either, so don't give me that. Sorry coops, but I had this conversation with you about two years ago. ๐Ÿ˜› Facebook is an extremely powerful marketing tool if used in the right way, and a lot more sophisticated than people give it credit for - don't let the "social" prefix fool you. Networking is networking regardless of prefixes - it can keep people engaged, and there are some people that use it to exclusively market their eBay stores.

Owners of independent websites / stores have Facebook profiles too. They have no need to direct people off their websites, yet they almost invariably have a Facebook link on there - not to take people away, but to bring people back. And it works.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

That's a good point.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I'm sure coops is gratified.

If he sees your unproductive bump of a half-decade old thread. Unlikely, given he hasn't posted on the boards for a large proportion of that time.

if you really feel compelled to respond to old posts just to agree with them, that is what the 'kudos' button is for.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Not to mention, as is not uncommon over this period of time, that the information provided back then has been superseded by policy changes.

So your resurrection of a dead thread could well lead somebody to cop policy violations for doing something that was allowed when this thread was current/relevant, but is no longer allowed.

Once more, a reason to lock old threads. Or wish that people, when they discover the boards, also discover the date/time stamp on EVERY SINGLE post.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Yes - it works- I used to do it... Right now I use Instagram & that works well too!!!.... so I'm also going to start a Facebook page again! It is to ADVERTISE my Ebay store & there you can post link TO my Ebay store ( not away from Ebay, no-one wants that!) ... so you drive traffic TO EBAY from Facebook! Most businesses now have a Facebook page dont they? and they wouldnt if it didnt work! Also you can link Facebook & Instagram (owned by same owners) so that when you post an item showing your product for sale on Ebay, it also automatically shows up on Facebook. Sooo double advertizing of yr Ebay store. Definitely helps sales on Ebay & totally allowed of course!Man TongueMan Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply