Address Labels for Click & Send parcels

I'm just teaching myself to use this method and all has gone well until I now have the address label which I printed out but am unsure how to attach it to the bag? Or, put differently, which method would be preferable - gluing it or sticky taping it? Or can I buy self adhesive paper? Any advice much appreciated!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Are you using satchels? If so, there is a pocket for the label.

If not, I would be using sticky tape over the whole to make it waterproof and so the barcode is still scannable.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Hi, yes I'm using the Flat Rate 500g Satchel - there is no pocket though - so sticky tape is the best solution?

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

The pocket for the eBay flat rate C&S satchels is on the back. Just below the closure will be a red line - that's where the opening for the pocket is, it can be a little sticky, but once you have it open, you slide the label in then peel of the strip with the red line to seal it.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

What d*g said.

It is definitely there.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Hi, yes I'm using the Flat Rate 500g Satchel - there is no pocket though - so sticky tape is the best solution?

Just checking - have you actually purchased the ebay satchels (which definitely do have the clear plastic pocket), or are you using the prepaid Australia Post satchels, in which case you are paying double postage.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Excellent point.

And the standard AP satchels are more expensive, to boot.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Okay fashion, if you haven't already done so pruchase the satchels from the Australia Post eBay store. They cost $1.25 for five, or $3.00 for twenty.

Once you get them, THEN use C&S. If you are, as hogs postulated trying to use C&S labels with standard AP satchels, then you are paying MORE than double.

If this is the case, then package the item up in your own parcel - you will already have paid $6.20 for postage, so no point paying for a prepaid satchel on top of that.

Also have a look at AP's C&S site. A lot of hard work, because AP don't understand logic and finding anything on their site is like swimming in treacle. Which is why I'm not going to hunt up links.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks so much, this has ALL been a great help - I actually managed to manoeuvre through the treacle-like AP site almost 2 weeks ago and ordered the 500g Flat Rate Satchel which took 10 days to arrive!! I'm sorry but every time I think about it I just shake my head. When I enquired as to the whereabouts of the satchels I didn't receive a reply!!

So, I have found this 'display pouch' on the back of the satchel and am going to seal it within. This experience has made me conclude that my eyesight is definitely not what it was and I must immediately visit my optometrist so again, my thanks for bothering to reply.

Cheers

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Don't be disheartened - I had the exact same problem as you until I wondered why there was a big blank section on the satchel, then realised it was a pouch.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply