Advice Needed: Selling trading cards and going global!

Hey guys!

I'm a new seller and we are currently working on building our business with the normal buy and resell on items we own or have picked up! Wondering if some expert store holders could check some of my auctions and give advice on what we could change to get more sales!

Still in the midst of changing our profiles on auctiva! Also I am selling indivudal trading cards as buy it now and was looking at going global does anyone know how much it would cost to send a letter outside of australia quite confused on the pricing and what to put it at!

Cheers guys, Hope everyones having a great day!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Are you making any money ? Your card listing's may actualy cost you money to list, you need to account for Paypal Fee's + Ebay Fees(listing and final value)+Postage+packing then you need to have your margin on top of all your costs.

If the card value is that low but you have many of the same type or set. Group them up and sell them in one listing.

@ozbestbuyz wrote:

Also I am selling indivudal trading cards as buy it now and was looking at going global does anyone know how much it would cost to send a letter outside of australia quite confused on the pricing and what to put it at!

The calculator on auspost website can tell you the cost to ship the letter.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

the minimum price for a letter under 50gr to USA or UK  is $2.60, over 50gr it jumps to $6.45, and over 250gr $15.80

thats just ordinary AIRMAIL.

you cannot send ''goods'' by Registered international letter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I've added in the fees to the listing price as well as the postage costs, Not much only 40 cents per card. They just take so long to sell and I'm selling other items currently to try and boost our funds.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Have you gone in and looked at your own listings?   Auctiva magnifies incredibly large and is good

for checking condition of cards...but....not if your photo is out of focus.    A buyer cannot see if the

card is in good condition, is scuffed, has fuzzy edges or even if the hologram is authentic.  

You should invest in a scanner if you are serious about selling cards.   They do not attract a lot

of buyers if all you've got is a fuzzy photo.   If you cannot yet afford a scanner then become adept

at taking good photos and crop close to the edge.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Oh and don't  scan or photograph cards in their slips.   Good luck   :womanwink:

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

A small tripod is a great help with photos.

I am a little confused about your purses/wallets.

What do you mean by "authentic" in the titles?

If they are a brand name then name the brand but if they are not genuine then it is illegal to sell.

There is no way I would buy from you at the moment because of the way you have worded the lisitngs for purses/wallets. I am left wondering if they are fakes or are they genuine and if genuine, genuine what?

Sorry that should be authentic.

I know a lot of buyers would be turned off by you wording so you need to fix it up asap.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Authentic wallets as opposed to replica wallets???

Maybe you mean authentic leather???

Listings do need a lot of work though

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies!

My partner brought a ebay product when we first stated going in depth about how to make money on ebay and into the wording so hence the word "authentic" as we stated in our listings we do not sell fake good! Maybe I should use the word quility instead? I have a scanner I can use for the cards the wallets and bags are just one offs while we seek a product.

My other question is I'm looking at Iphone and remote devices as a product does anyone know where I should look to find a supplier, Looking at doing this as a full time job.

Regards,

Ozbestbuyz

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

The only advice I can give is good luck with it

I also sell Trading Cards, and its a hard slog at the moment trying to move them and get a decent price for them. 50 cents to list, minimum 30 cents paypal fee, plus commission to eBay and Paypal on sale price, throw in a stamp and envelope, you got another 70 cents. Its getting costly

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply