Advice needed on the BEST way to Close Ebay Store please

For numerous reasons (on my selling account not this account) I was considering closing my Ebay Store but I am needing advice on the best way to do this, to avoid it financially costing me an arm and a leg.  I currently pay $50 per month to have this store which enables me to list 500 items. The current promotion that I have been part of I believe ends at the end of October.  According to my account details, I have as at today used 293 of the 1000 Free Listings that were on offer, leaving me 207. (Bit sure how they say this is left, cause my calculations it should 707 ?)   I also still have the stores original 500 listings untouched.  Am I right in my thinking of that at the end of the promotional period, (31st Oct) those 293 listings will be taken from my 500 untouched store listings, leaving me still with 207 listings? Then if I was to close the store, I would be charged listing fees on anything over the standard 40 Free lsitings, which in this case if I didn't add or sell anything else in the meantime would be 253 x $1.50 = $379.50 ?  I am I best to keep the store for a few more months, not add any more stock and just let the inventory slowly run down, most items are listed till GOOD TILL SOLD or just cancel all except for 40 listings ? Trying to figure out the best way and the time frame to do things.  The items I sell are just 2nd childrens clothingand some ladies which is just old stock from when I once had a bricks & mortar store but I can no longer wish to operate as a "business" as such and just sell every now and then when my health permits to clear stock, and cover costs the best way. Hope all makes sense. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

First of all I assume you have a feature store - the promotion has been extended until the end of December.

Giving you an extra just boost before Christmas. In the Autumn Seller Release earlier this year, we announced a promotion running from 1 May to 31 October 2016 where we doubled the monthly free fee listing entitlements for both Basic and Featured Store Subscribers. To give you that extra boost before Christmas, we’re now extending this offer, so it will now run until 31 December 2016.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

The current promotion that you refer to has been extended to 31st December.

So you have 1,000 listings until then.   Why not downgrade to a basic store? $20 pm

The promotion will see that you get 400 listings until 31st December, and then

it will revert to 200 per month in the new year.

If you still want to close the store altogether, I would get rid of the GTC and make them

30 day listings.

GTC will see you charged every time they re-list.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

So if it was me,  I would keep the store until end December = $50 x 3 = $150.00.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Seems like I missed this announcement, ! Well then, I may have to re-think things here. Thanks for the news
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promotion-basic-featured-stores

You can change your Stores subscription at any time.

If you upgrade or take out a new subscription, you receive the full entitlement for the new level for that month. If you downgrade, you receive the entitlement for the old level for the remainder of the calendar month.

Find out more about changing your Store subscription.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Towards the end of December I'd change them to 30 day listings as suggested, with the 3 free relists (assuming you're not registered as a business seller on eBay). When the relists run out, they just end, so you're not going to end up with bill shock from them relisting automatically. If you get the 3 free relists, it means you can have them listed for 4 months before you have to use a freebie to relist them.

What I'd do once the free relists run out, list 40 for 30 days with 3 relists, then the next month another 40, then another 40, then another 40. By the month after, your first 40 will be due to end so you can relist any that haven't sold and add new items to use up the rest of your 40 freebies.

Others might have a better idea, but that's what I'd do. It means after 4 months you'll have 160 listings and should be able to maintain that. Then there are the free listing promotions that pop up sometimes that you may be able to use too (although most lately have been invitation only).

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks so much for advising re the extension of the 500 Listings for Stores.

I was also in the dilema with over 800 listings now, and thinking I would have to end 300 listings after all the time I had taken in taking photos Measurments etc for these listings

At least now I have a couple more months to work out what I am going to do.. and which listings I will not be able to reslist when they drop it down again.

I just wish Eaby would put a new Store Seller level eg from the $50.00 to $100.00 for up to 1000 listings per month.

The jump from the $50.00 Store to the $250.00 store is massive and beng a "Home Based" Seller not a major business would not be worth the small profit I would make from Sales ( after all the other fees paid) with sales down at the moment.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

The price jump is higher than you think.

The jump from Featured to Anchor is $50 to $500 - not $250

I would like to think that ebay is going to leave the store listings at 400/1000

I think they may be working on another store in between Featured and Anchor  Image result for fingers crossed animated

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply