Advice needed please.

Advice needed here please.

Sold an item to Canada. Used Australia Post Registered International Post. Have proof of lodgement etc that comes with this service.

Four weeks later it hasnt arrived and buyer makes item not recieved via ebay. ( not escalated yet)

Australia Post says last scanned in Vancouver on 10th.

Ebay dont care about proof of lodgement- only say I need to provide proof of delivery??

Australia Post have opened a item search request with Canada Post- answer expected in 30-60 days???

Paypal say its a ebay dispute and even though I have all the requirements for Paypal seller protection it is a ebay dispute so it is up to ebay. If buyer opened paypal dispute I would be covered but as its a ebay dispute im not.

My next move please?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Advice needed please.

Although it's a dispute raised through eBay you are still covered by buyer protection on PayPal.

eBay may close the case and refund the buyer but if you can prove delivery via AP/Canada post then you should still be covered for any loss.

Send an email to PayPal advising them that AP are investigating and asking that no action be taken till results are known.

Keep your copy of the email and any replies.

If PayPal refunds eBay from your account before results are known AND if you get a postive tracking result demand a refund of costs disbursed to ebay.

If PayPal refuse get onto the Financial Ombudsman and make a complaint.

Use the correspondence you saved earlier plus anything from AP.

You'll get your refund.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I was in a similar situation as you did at the beginning of this year on my selling account.

I posted out a package to Canada at the beginning of Jan and it arrived at Canada Post Sorting Facility on the 16 Jan. It took months before my Buyer received it. (see attached tracking progress). My Buyer never got back to me about the late delivery as I informed her the moment the tracking shows up on the website.

Canada Post is one of the very few postal services in the world that allows incoming International Registered Mail to be tracked on their website.

I suggest that you input the Air Way Bill No. into their tracking page (https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/home.page) and see where the package is. Don't forget to direct the Buyer to the website and provide him/her with the Air Way Bill No. You may want to do get a screen shot (if it is indeed delivered) to Paypal as proof of delivery.

I hope this helps and good luck!291342345467 - Kim McKeown(3).jpg

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

In Australia, in most cases, proof of lodgement is considered  proof of delivery. In the USA this is not the case.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Canada is not part of the USA

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Hi, the link did not work. I have tried adding the Registered Post number to their website. Nothing shows.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

My apologies for supplying that link that didn't work. If you go via the Canada Post website and click on "Tracking" and choose Track "By tracking number" that should work.

You have to input the Forwarder Air Bill No. that starts with RQ and ends with AU. I tried the number that is on my screen shot and it showed up.

Give it another go. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Here is a copy of the form that you would have filled at the AP counter. The Forwarder Air Bill No. is on the top right hand corner.

IMG_6260.JPG

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Canada is not part of the USA

I know Canada is a different country to the USA.

What I mean to say is ebay are applying what they think they can in Australia (through the Australia website) based on USA rules. The term "delivery" in the ebay terms and conditions means "posted" in Australia.

If all else fails ebay will no doubt make a "decision" and refund the buyer instantly if the case is escalated.

Not that I have ever needed to do it but you should then contact ebay and advise them that you will be makeing a complaint with the ACCC and the NSW fair trading if they do not reverse the decision and removal all feedback and DSRs. If paypal don't come to the party I would also put a complian in with the financial ombudsman service.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Next move?

Contact the buyer within the case and explain it was last scanned in Vancouver.

Supply the web address and tracking number for them to check the tracking themselves.

image host
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply