Advice needed please.

Advice needed here please.

Sold an item to Canada. Used Australia Post Registered International Post. Have proof of lodgement etc that comes with this service.

Four weeks later it hasnt arrived and buyer makes item not recieved via ebay. ( not escalated yet)

Australia Post says last scanned in Vancouver on 10th.

Ebay dont care about proof of lodgement- only say I need to provide proof of delivery??

Australia Post have opened a item search request with Canada Post- answer expected in 30-60 days???

Paypal say its a ebay dispute and even though I have all the requirements for Paypal seller protection it is a ebay dispute so it is up to ebay. If buyer opened paypal dispute I would be covered but as its a ebay dispute im not.

My next move please?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Advice needed please.

@dazzledayz wrote:

Although it's a dispute raised through eBay you are still covered by buyer protection on PayPal.

eBay may close the case and refund the buyer but if you can prove delivery via AP/Canada post then you should still be covered for any loss.

Send an email to PayPal advising them that AP are investigating and asking that no action be taken till results are known.

Keep your copy of the email and any replies.

If PayPal refunds eBay from your account before results are known AND if you get a postive tracking result demand a refund of costs disbursed to ebay.

If PayPal refuse get onto the Financial Ombudsman and make a complaint.

Use the correspondence you saved earlier plus anything from AP.

You'll get your refund.

No you are not covered by Paypal for an ebay dispute, I presume you meant seller protection.  The only part Paypal is concerned with is that ebay require them to send a refund to the buyer which you agreed to when ebay introduced their new refund policy. You only have Paypal seller protection if the buyer opens a Paypal dispute. Even with a Paypal dispute if the buyer buys and pays through their country's ebay site then that country's policies apply andPaypal as well as ebay require proof of delivery mostly everywhere except Australia.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

The link is wrong as and extra ")" is in it

www.canadapost.ca/web/en/home.page

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

if it's a fairly expensive item it may be in Canadian customs, happened to me a few years ago, item not received, aus post looking into it etc. the buyer eventually got their item about 5 weeks after me sending it after paying a customs bill.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

If an item is tracked and shows as being held by customs the it is considered delivered as any responsibility for either it being a banned item or fees having to be paid are down to the buyer. 

Anyone selling internationally should have in their listing that the buyer is responsible for any customs holds, duties, taxes or fees.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Have tried again, still nothing. This tracking number starts with RP and ends in AU. Forwarder Air Bill.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Have done this. Paypal and ebay as well. Australia Post have given access to buyer the shipping advice and a toll free phone to call them direct to hear from Australia Post themselves its last recorded location.

As it is not showing on the website it cant be seen. Australia Post have tracked it to Vancouver and are willing to tell buyer that.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply