Afterpay payments for Sellers

I have been with ebay for almost 20 years. Initially I was an avid seller and had 100%success with Paypal and direct bank deposits. In fact I never once had a payment issue with these methods. Recently I offered some items for sale. One item sold quickly on 23rd June. I then had to go through the "Afterpay" process, which kept telling me to "try again later"????? Finally I got verified. I sorted through the info about Afterpay and realised that I wasn't going to get paid until I posted my item and got a tracking number. Now I cannot find a place to verify the tracking number even though I sent it to the buyer. My payment is "on hold" pending delivery? Does that mean that I am not going to get paid until the buyer actually receives my item in the post?  Not happy!My item number is

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Afterpay payments for Sellers

Are you talking about Afterpay or Managed Payments?

Afraid I do not know anything about sellers having to sign up for Afterpay to get paid and the funds not held

Managed Payments is a whole other/different story which sellers have been notified about dozens of times about for over two years now, which you would have had to have set up before selling and been verified for before selling

In any case, it has been over a year since you had feedback as a seller, so like all other sellers (no matter how long your were selling for before that/how much you sold/ what/what your feedback was you are considered new by eBay (as would anyone else)

So even IF PayPal were still available for sellers that hold would apply

So yes, same rules

You have to send it

The buyer has to leave you positive feedback

MAYBE your funds will be available earlier

Maybe (unlikely on one positive)

Only if you have Managed Payments verified and approved though 

If you do indeed mean AfterPay, then I have no ide as that is not how AfterPay works 

You say you are not happy with the rules, but you agreed to those rules by listing items for sale 

(And yes, I do have a selling ID, and yes, I would also be subject to a hold on my funds if I started selling again now, despite being a seller since 2005 with 100% feedback)

Hopefully you have uploaded your tracking and have an honest buyer 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Nothing at all to do with afterpay.  Search ....Payment Holds....Under the Help Tab.

You are considered a new seller, so payment holds apply to you, until you meet certain sales criteria.

This security measure has been in place for approx 4 yrs,  and was even applicable under paypal payments.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have the option under the sale info to add the tracking number.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You can go to the order, click on the drop down list to the left and select "View Order Details".

In there you can add the tracking number on the top right under "Postage".

If you look in your Seller Hub, under Payments, it will tell you what your payout date it.

Going forward, you can adjust to your payout schedule to be weekly, daily etc, but that will only happen once you are re-established.

All of us have had to adjust to the new system, and our length of time on the platform and feedback recieved is irrelevant. New rules were introduced 2 years ago.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You can go to the order, click on the drop down list to the left and select "View Order Details".

In there you can add the tracking number on the top right under "Postage".

Or you can just click on the order number

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply