Again, another new policy to screw up seller is here.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sh/prf/service-metrics

Many of you may be aware of this already, forgive me for just finding out.

Basically it counts how many SNAD and INR cases you got in the past 3 or 12 months, and apply penalty if you had more than 10 cases opened and reach "Very High" percentage rate.

Well, it may not look so harmful at first, until I read the full policy here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/service-metrics-policy?id=4769

So what's so scray about it?

Let me use INR case as an example, if a buyer claims item not received, but you a have tracking # that shows otherwise, the case will be closed in your favour, your seller level won't be affected at all, right?

But in this new Service Metrics policy, it doesn't matter if you have tracking # or not, it doesn't matter who won the case, as soon as the case opened, the counter will +1.

As matter of fact, last month I had a scammer purchased 6 items from me and claim nothing received, they were sent in 3 parcels and all of them were delivered, therefore I won all 6 INR cases, I am still Top Rated, but in Service Metrics, I am now a "High Risk" seller.

Fortunately the counter hasn't hit 10 yet, no penalty for me so far, but you get the idea, this is just a new way to screw up sellers.

A scammer can just open a case, regardless it's a SNAD and INR, if even he immediately closes it, your counter will still +1; you may have all the evidence to prove that the claim is unfaithful, your counter will still +1.

Selling here is like walking on a mine field now.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If that is the way it works then you're right, that is a fault in the system & I can't understand why ebay let that one past the planning stage without seeing the potential pitfalls.

Any case that is dismissed in your favour should be deleted from the counter.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I Honestly think it will come to pass, eventually, that eBay find themselves in a position where they need to rely on seller loyalty. Not surprisingly it will not be forthcoming.

Melina.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Its basically just going back to the defect system that was withdrawn after it was found to be unworkable and unfairly disadvantaged sellers. Particularly sellers regularly sending items in large letter who are often the main victims of ebay scammers.

This place just gets harder to work with every day. My sales have fallen off a cliff due to a technical problem with one of my accounts and frankly I,m not missing it. I just spend a few minutes each day packing the few sales I get and answering the odd question and thats it. Its almost felt liberating to not be tied to ebay 24/7.

My sheep grazing business, started three years ago to diversify income away from ebay is going gang busters, with record prices for wool and lamb. The drought is making more work for me, so the time freed from ebay sales is working out well.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Only eBay would devise a system that doesn't even consider genuinely rewarding sellers for exemplary service, but instead punish them on a largely arbitrary metric, and profit from it to boot.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I can think of a few others.....the entire banking industry for a start 😞
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

WOW that's scary for all sellers,back in the day when the MBG came out I was hit with 15 in one go so imagine being hit with now only 10.

Pretty pathetic on who even came up with this stupidity as they only need to look back at what that did to me and realize what an unfair policy it is/was.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just as well I took screen shots of my monthly

service metric reports because there is no historical data.

If you go back a few months to examine a prior report

all you get is the 'current' situation.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply