All I can say is.....

Thank goodness my last few orders were already sewn up and ready to go as I don't feel like working at the moment.

I have a new PS4 game (Horizon Zero Dawn) that arrived the other day and I've already put in 50 hours.

Almost tempted to put my shop in holiday mode for a few days, lol!

But as a 48 year old responsible mother, I would never do that....:)

Anyway, I need the break - been working 7 days a week for the last 2 years, so I don't feel guilty.

Any other insane game players on the boards??

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

All I can say is.....

I'm doing Pharoah at the moment but sensibly limiting it.

Don't forget to get out in the fresh air, it can open your horizons.

image host
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

Years and years ago, before the internet, one of my flatmates had an 8yo son who used to occasionally visit of a weekend. His mother wouldn't let him have the Nintendo thingy that his dad bought for him, so it stayed at our place. Then I discovered it. Mario Brothers. No idea which edition it was, but it was probably the first one. Within days I was addicted. I would jump in during commercial breaks to get a couple of minutes in. I'd sit up all night and then have to go to work. I was in my 20's, so it was quite pathetic really. I vowed and declared if I had kids they would NEVER own one of these game station things.

Probably lucky I never did have kids because they would have ended up with a game box and I'd probably be sitting in a corner with uncombed hair down to the floor, with clothes full of holes and empty pizza boxes everywhere. I'd probably never have found eBay, let alone become a seller.

Nice to see you letting your hair down. I know you've been working your guts out. You deserve this free time. You go girl!

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

that's fantastic! :] hope you have a ball!

i was the same when "fallout 4" came out on PS4 - if you haven't played it, its basically an open world game, so the time you can spend playing it is almost endless. recently though, i've been playing battlefield 1 online with my nephew who lives in canada and that is really addictive as well. 

usually my eyes tell me when to quit because i start getting crazy headaches! 

hope you enjoy the downtime Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

I hear you tippy - I've been a gamer since 1986, if you can believe it - I used to have an early Mac and a SEGA and would hunt down any games made for them. Not so easy back in the 80's in South Africa.

My faves from the last few years have been "Skyrim" and "The Last of Us"

Im-entertainment: my 15 year son has done all the Fallout games and my husband is just as bad - he's busy working his way through GTA5 at the moment. I used to play Guildwars - a massive online MMO a few years ago and hooked up with some players in the States - we had such a blast.

Thank goodness I'm not playing those anymore - it's hard enough to keep working with such seriously major distractions.

Kopes: if you're refering to the Pharoah building game - I just had a look on Steam, it looks interesting!

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

i've never enjoyed a game as much as "the last of us" on PS4. can't wait for the 2nd one! :] skyrim was brilliant too!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

Oooh, I love games.

I play a lot of League of Legends. It's mostly played by teenage boys (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of older gamers who play it, but it's good fun if you can get a group of your friends together (the game is based around a team of 5).

I never thought I would like such a game, and upon first glance it doesn't look it, but it's very strategic. If anyone here plays, message me, I'll add you and we can have a game sometime 🙂

I also have a 3DS and play Zelda from time to time. Would like to get a Switch sometime soon.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

Im-entertainment - I agree, the Last of Us is also the most enjoyable I'd ever played. (I've played it through 7 times, lol.)

I'm also hanging for the next one and then I WILL be putting my shop in vacay mode for a while.

If you enjoyed Skyrim - you'll enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn - in fact I think it's even better in some respects - the main storyline is heartpounding!

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

fantastic! :] thanks for the recommendation - will have to check it out.

7 times? wow, that's amazing haha. don't blame you putting the shop in holiday mode when last of us 2 comes out, i'll consider doing the same 🙂

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

I'm totally addicted to "The Simpsons Tapped Out" I play on my ipad & even get up in the middle of the night to reset my game during events. How sad is that?

Prior to that I was equally addicted to the Diablo & Sid Meyer Civ games on my computer! BTW - I don't actually watch The Simpsons TV show! I just love the game!

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply