All I can say is.....

Thank goodness my last few orders were already sewn up and ready to go as I don't feel like working at the moment.

I have a new PS4 game (Horizon Zero Dawn) that arrived the other day and I've already put in 50 hours.

Almost tempted to put my shop in holiday mode for a few days, lol!

But as a 48 year old responsible mother, I would never do that....:)

Anyway, I need the break - been working 7 days a week for the last 2 years, so I don't feel guilty.

Any other insane game players on the boards??

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

All I can say is.....

I never really liked Donkey Kong. I never played it as an arcade game, but my sister had one of the first pocket hand held games. The ones who played it a lot at the pinny parlour were so good at it. It was fun to watch them after my money had run out.

Edit: Don't be cursing at me when you're still up at 6am tomorrow playing games!

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

Sorry Tippy for my late reply. My Dad passed away after a short but tough battle with an aggressive cancer on 5/8. I haven't been on the boards for this reason.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

Sorry for your loss, Redders.

You're lucky you had him for so long.  My dad also passed away on 5th August.

But the year was 1957.     60th anniversary this year.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Edit: Don't be cursing at me when you're still up at 6am tomorrow playing games!

My OH had to drag me out of the pub in the late 70's where they had Space Invaders on that sit down console,

(I got on it just after 12:30 pm and was still sitting at it nearly five hours later with the last game at over 328,000

points with three "lives" intact).

I had to let those "lives" be destroyed,crying.gif

We ended up getting Keystone capers on a console at home and I was pretty good on that as well,(over

300,000 a number of times but it scored quicker then SI)good.gif

Donkey Kong used to have a cheat in it where you could put the character at the end of the first line and it

couldn't get hit by the barrels,(you then moved the joystick quickly and got it to jump for it to go to the next

level up).

I wasn't a "fan" of DK as it seemed to "glitch" at times,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Sorry for your loss Redders,(my dad also passed from cancer),Zen.gif

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

I played Tekken (the PS1 versions and Tag 1), GTA3 and Vice City to death in my earlier gaming days. Before that it was Super Mario World, All-Stars and of course Mario Kart (both SNES and N64 versions). Before all of those, it was the Atari 2600 and Sega Master System, I wasted way too many hours in front of the TV!
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

All I can say is.....

So sorry for your loss Redders. Never easy, even when expected. It's no consolation but at least he went quick. Some people linger for months, sometimes years, in agony with little to no quality of life. 

Spoiler
My birthday was on Aug 5. I put that as a spoiler so as not to take the emphasis off your post
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply