An international buyer raised a case: 'item has not received'. Item still in Australia due to COVID

Seeking some advice please:

An International buyer has raised a case againt me regarding not having received their items.

eBay has ruled in their favour as I did not provide a tracking number - This is NOT the case.  

The tracking number was provided when the items were sent.

It is not tracking as it is still in Australia and has not departed, even though it was posted on the 14th April.

I have opened a case with Australia Post and they can corroborate my story with supporting evidence.

Also, on the Australia Post website, they advise "for items sent from the end of March to May, additional delays have occurred of up to 4 – 8 weeks due to limited international flights and government restrictions due to COVID-19". The date from when I sent the items (14th April) is clearly still within the 4 - 8 week window Australia post have indicated on their website.

This has all been documented in the case correspondence and the appeal that I have raised, but eBay has ruled in their favour with the reason of: "Unfortunately, you didn't provide tracking information in time to win this case. You won't receive a refund for this case"

I have contact eBay Australia, but they advise that I need to contact the country in which I am sending to.

Unfortunately this country's customer service is not opened over the weekend. 

I have also tried contacting the buyer, on several occasions, with no response...

I feel like this is an uphill battle and no matter what I do or how much evidence I give them to support my appeal, eBay will not take this into consideration. Everything has become generalised and cases are no longer being looked at on an individual case by case bases. They simply do not defend their sellers like they use too!

Has anyone in the eBay community experienced anything similar? Especially during this COVID-19 period?

If so, how was it dealt and what was the outcome?

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Am very interested to know. 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: An international buyer raised a case: 'item has not received'. Item still in Australia due to CO

@raff-coll wrote:

Agree there would be millions of disputes, and there is no disputing that. Not asking for every one to be vetted by a human, but simply if an appeal is raised eBay should make a concerted effort to investigate the validity of the appeal and not have a bot automatically side with the buyer, especially if all the supporting information has been provided and it can be proven where the item is at. Put some smarts into the bot to know better or at the very least hold off from making the decision until a certain amount of time has lapsed.

Why is eBay biting the hands that feeds them...

Cheers

All the supporting info wasn't provided. You didn't upload the tracking number into the dispute.

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: An international buyer raised a case: 'item has not received'. Item still in Australia due to CO

I had 2 cases raised against me - one from Germany and the other from Spain

- on one dispute, I loaded the tracking details immediately,

- the other I didn't load the tracking details

And guess what.... the response and outcome were exactly the same!

The responses received were word for word the same!!

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply