Another Australia Post and Late Arrival Defect Thread

The last week has been a disaster for me in terms of items not arriving or arriving later than eBay's estimated delivery dates.  I have had 10 messages or items not received cases from buyers in NSW and Queensland (I am in Melbourne).  And whist I continue to communicate with buyers to try and minimise the damage, I have received 3 late arrival defects this month (compared to nil for the rest of 2016) and will refund the 3 item not received cases by the due date if the item has not arrived.  My business model exists on posting at large letter rates so there is no need to recommend tracked postage for me as I can't affort it (nor can buyers for most of my low cost items).

Is anyone else noticing an increase in late arrivals?

What are seller's experiences in using the 50 cent priority stickers for letters expecially for destinations in galaxies far far away?

I have avoided increasing my handling time from 1 day basacially as I have not needed to do this.  But the increases in late delivery defects and the grief (and time) being caused by late deliveries has made me rethink.  I know most sellers who have increased handling times would say heir sales have not been affected but are there any sellers who have noticed a negative consequence?  Additionally how far can you stretch out handling time before there is an effect on things like Top Rated status or best match placements or anything else?

In saying all this, my late arrival defects are an 0.5% and I can never see them reaching 5%.  So this may all be an over reaction for one bad week!!

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Another Australia Post and Late Arrival Defect Thread

I had a lady who works for Australia Poat tell me today that Australia Post has really slowed down their delivery. When I asked her why she said she has no idea.

I got stung for a large letter that got delivered after the estimated delivery date from Melbourne to QLD. The person gave me a negative feedback straight up and didn't contact me first. They have since contacted me to tell me that they are unhappy. I told them I saw the negative feedback. Smiley Frustrated

Message 21 of 51
Latest reply

I bet you posted it on 13th or 14th October

Message 22 of 51
Latest reply

How did you know? I posted it on the 14th of October.

Message 23 of 51
Latest reply

An Australia Post truck burst into flames a most of the mail on board was lost.

AP said it mainly affected mail posted on those days.

Message 24 of 51
Latest reply

All my missing Qld mail was posted on 13th or 14th.  None has arrived yet.  The truck fire on the Hume was early September and they reported it was all parcels and no letters.

Message 25 of 51
Latest reply

I can't find a report of an AP truck for October any where.
Message 27 of 51
Latest reply

Here you go.......................

http://www.smh.com.au/national/another-australia-post-truck-catches-fire-on-the-hume-highway-2016090...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 51
Latest reply

Padi, that link is for Sept 9

Message 29 of 51
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Padi, that link is for Sept 9

..................'twas an AP truck fire Stalks....................tried my bestist..............sigh.

Spoiler
mutter mutter mutter.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 51
Latest reply