Another lying buyer!

I have a buyer claiming they received the package but the box was empty. They are requesting a full refund thru paypal.

I send everything with tracking and have many happy buyers reflected in my feedback. Ebay has also elevated me to a powerseller.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Another lying buyer!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you think the buyer is lying?

It is not unknown for empty boxes to arrive whether they are tracked or not.

Have you asked the buyer if the parcel was damaged or opened in any way?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Buyer never contacted me but opened a dispute 7 hrs after receiving package claiming it was wrapped but empty. They also have

2 negative feedbacks out of 14 from buyers claiming they never received goods paid for and had to get paypal to refund them. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like a bit of a worry. Unfortunately with freebays new return policies, sellers are going to see more people trying it on. Its a real pity because the genuine ones will be caught up in the distrust caused by the scam buyers.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@thewishingmagic wrote:

Buyer never contacted me but opened a dispute 7 hrs after receiving package claiming it was wrapped but empty. They also have

2 negative feedbacks out of 14 from buyers claiming they never received goods paid for and had to get paypal to refund them. 

My guess is they saw how easy it was for their buyers to get a refund, so have tried to pull the same stunt. Maybe it was their way of recouping some of the money back they lost to their buyers? Do they sell similar items to you? What's their feedback left for others like?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

When I received an empty box I had to take it to the police and get a police report before paypal would refund me.

Was there a weight showing on the postage label when it was posted?

If yes then tell the buyer to take it to the police or even a post office ask them to weigh it and see if it is the same weight empty as it was when you posted it and ask for a photo as proof.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply