Another "tweak" that overrides my previous settings

Whilst updating my postage settings today, I was looking in:

Site preferences/Postage Preferences and the very top option is "Ebay Guaranteed Delivery", which I had set to Not Enrolled, some time back. And yet, when looking today, it showed me as Enrolled.

Seriously, I get so irritated when Ebay overrides my preferences at their discretion.

I suggest all sellers who do not want to be enrolled, double check whether you still are or are not.

I already had a case last week where a buyer tried to get a free item based on her saying that it was 2 days overdue even though I had sent it within my handling time! I could not figure out why she was making this claim, but now I know.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 10.47.58 am.png

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I wonder if it has been done as part of ebays scrapping of Powerseller programme. In the blurb about that they are pushing these other programmes as the replacement for Powerseller staus.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

eek, I can't even find site preferences anymore now that we have only seller hub 😮

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Guaranteed delivery only applied if the seller had a 0-1 day handling time, but's it's currently disabled anyway (since last year, due to covid) so while you shouldn't have been enrolled, it'd have zero effect on your listings, ETAs etc and there'd be no buyer-facing promises.

eBay are trialling an alternative that is based on handling time, but it's by invitation only at the moment, and you have to use rate tables, so whatever your buyer (that was demanding a refund) was on, it was more likely a power trip than something eBay promised on your behalf. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply