Any other sellers experiencing duplicate orders?

It's been many years since I posted on here.... but I need a small vent!

We quite often have buyers purchase the same item twice, three times and sometimes even a fourth time when they only want one. I don't know if they are having problems with their browsers or maybe forgetting their Paypal passwords???

It can be very time consuming for a seller to fix.

We message the buyer asking them if they still want the duplicates, wait for their response (which can take days sometimes), then request a "mutual cancellation". Most of the time, the buyer does not respond to the "mutual cancellation" and we have to wait 8 days to recover our selling fees.

On some occasions, the buyers simply choose to ignor our messages suggestiing they have purchased mutliple item's by mistake, or have not taken time to read them properly. They simply cancel our mutual's for the duplicates, possibly fearing it would cancel all of their purchases. Ebay now keeps the fee's... and then it takes a phone call to ebay to recover them manually (normally 5-10 mins on hold, and then 5-10 mins entering "one time passcodes, explinations etc). This is the worse case.... but it does happen regularly!

Apart from all of this, we then have to "revise the item" so that the " the number of available items" matches our stock levels.

Not too much frustrates me selling on ebay... but this issue does. I'd like to see how many other sellers are also frustrated and maybe some suggestions on how to save time and money avoiding these situations.

I don't see why ebay can't have a pop-up window that warns buyers when they are making duplicate orders???

Justin Frith

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Duplicate thread 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Just set your listing as
Immediate Payment
Require immediate payment through PayPal when a buyer uses Buy It Now
With no such problem,buyer cannot place duplicate orders,unless they paid their order.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply