Anyone Played with Promotions Manager?

It appeared yesterday in Manage My Store, had a bunch of T&Cs to accept, but there seems to be a relatively diverse range of options for offering discounts, eg $ or % discounts for a certain spend, or number of items in order, and while no customer-exclusive coupon code generator type thing (which I would have loved), you can create a semi-exclusive offer, via a link that activates the promo (eg if you have a website, or send out an email to select people, the offer is activated for them if they click on the unique link). 

The T&Cs mentioned immediate payment is required for items to be eligible which puts a bit of a spanner in the works for me if that remains - theoretically, immediate payment should be fine on my items.... If eBay, the cart and the app worked like it should. But alas, since they often don't, I can see it increasing the number of times people checkout multiple items individually, and that already happens almost daily (promos might help increase people using the cart, but).

Anyway, thus far I've just had a quick squiz at the kind of promos you can create, just thought I'd put it out there plus see if anyone has any other experience with it, hints, tips, found glitches, etc. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The immediate payment has now been dropped ๐Ÿ™‚  I have one of my categories in it as a trial for two weeks, buy 3 get one free.  So far it seems to have resulted in an increase of traffic however no sales as yet; I only added it Thursday night so it could be a little early.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

@motherbear2003 wrote:

The immediate payment has now been dropped ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Oh sweet, thanks ๐Ÿ˜„ I'll have to take another look and see what kind of deal I can come up with to offer so I can give it a go.

Hopefully you'll see some positive results soon ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

yaysmilesa-smiley.gif

bout time .....

Just put it on for my buy 3 get 1 free offer

Fairly straight forward as far as I could see

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Did you find it took a little while for the banners promoting the offer to appear on listings? I've set up an offer just on the craft supply category, but no info appearing on the item pages as yet, and the T&Cs had that disclaimer about eBay deciding on if/how they get displayed. 

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

appeared pretty much straight away DG 

gosh you could sure as heck create some confusing promotions to keep track off.

love the voucher Heartyou can offer to individual buyers too - just the right thing for generating some sales from regulars  

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Just for your general info - the cart appears to be working quite smoothly on some mobiles apps - I was able to check out and pay for multiple items from different sellers no probs at all via phone - bout time, hope my smooth cart via mobile app experience is the same for others.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks DG.

I wasn't even aware that these existed. Cool!

Might have to figure it all out too and try something out.

I do like the idea of the secret offer, where you can send a special URL to selected buyers.

This way you could give some of your returning customers a special offer.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Just for your general info - the cart appears to be working quite smoothly on some mobiles apps - I was able to check out and pay for multiple items from different sellers no probs at all via phone - bout time, hope my smooth cart via mobile app experience is the same for others.

Nice, hopefully they'll all be working well before too long.

I managed to get my promo to work, eventually. woo hoo

I don't know if it was something I did wrong or not, but my first attempt I just selected an eBay category to apply the promo to, because 99% of my craft supplies are in a single category. Nothing happened in-store, and if I clicked to view the offer from my store management page it said there were 0 items, and the offer page had a sold out banner across the image I uploaded. Smiley Frustrated

At first I thought I mustn't have added enough refinements, so I edited it to add price and condition refinements, so that all items meeting those specs would be included, but same result.

So, I edited it again and switched from selecting items by eBay category to my own store categories and voila, promo now appearing across all the same items that were in the selected eBay category Smiley LOL (price and condition refinements were removed, so they seem to just narrow results rather than are necessary to create a promo). 

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Sheesh!

Given the volume of sales (or lack thereof) going on at present you could run a 100% discount on here and still not lose.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply