Anyone else experiencing slow sales? Or is it the neg?

The past week for me has been extremely slow. I was quite busy up til then and now nothing, dead. I received a neg about a week ago and I'm wondering if this is the reason. Or are others having slow sales also?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Anyone else experiencing slow sales? Or is it the neg?

i was scraping the barrel with less and less sales, even an almost zero week. Then i went away for a couple of weeks and closed the store. Listings all came to their natural end whilst i was away. on return opened it and relisted 500 items.

They all got the "new listing" tag and the temporarty placement boost this gives. Started selling heaps, this put my overall sell through rate up, got watchers on the items and sales are doing okish at the moment (compared to previously).

I think what happens is if your sales slow for whatever reason it lowers your "desirability rating", pushing your listings down, so obviously less views, less sales, lower turnover, so further down you go etc. You can't get off the bottom as no one sees your items to boost sell through.

I think overall seller perfomance has an influence more than just per item, hence all your listings slow.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

people paying their tax, BAS, rates etc...

some will get their tax returns and go shopping again

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

The same thing has happened to me, I got a negative feedback( & I disputed it) 7 now my sales have stopped, haven't had any in a week

Any help please?

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

MIne have just died, no sales in a week

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

My sales on one site have zerod for past 2 weeks, which has never happened in the past.  My other site which is much further down the pecking order has suddenly had a couple of good sales, so go figure.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I sold a $4 DVD last night. That's the first thing I've seen since the start of this month!
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply